proceed to highlighted route

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

proceed to highlighted route

Postby usa_mtr4eqi3 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:23 pm

I have been using Waze for approximately a year while driving to and from work. I am currently using release 3.7.8.0 of Waze on an ipad running ios 7.0.6. While navigating to work (for instance), if I deviate from the route which Waze chooses for me, at first Waze will update its route with new instructions based on my current location. However, after a few instances in which I don't follow Waze's instructions, it no longer updates routing instructions from my current location, but instead gives a "Proceed to highlighted route," banner at the top of the screen, which is maintained no matter how far I get from the highlighted route. At this point, if I stop navigating, then restart navigation to the exact same destination, the route is immediately updated based on my current location.

I have had the exact same problem running Waze on an android phone.
usa_mtr4eqi3

Re: proceed to highlighted route

Postby slandrum » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:16 pm

This seems to be an intermittent problem with the latest version of Waze. Sometimes when deviating from the route (usually because it started off with me facing the wrong direction) it no longer recalculates and just says "proceed to highlighted route". Connection to the server is good, I get ETA updates, it's updating road colors and everything, just not recomputing the route. If I go through the navigate menu and ask for the same navigation again, it will recompute the route. Afterwards it's usually fine and will recompute if I deviate from the route again.

In a similar vein, I've now several times seen it be very slow do recompute the route when it has be facing the wrong direction at the beginning of the route, and instead shows me as a backwards pointer moving down the road until it recomputes my route.
Orange County, CA, USA, Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3 [ img ]
slandrum

Postby SerzhM1 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:35 am

Same problem. I think that it happens if Waze didn't get respond from the routing server while tries to reroute.
SerzhM1

Postby RichWarwick » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:10 am

Same problem. Incredibly annoying. I rebooted my phone, killed and restarted the app 5 times. Nothing worked. Had to drive all day with no waze. It has been doing this for several days now. What is going on?

Come on guys! We depend on you!
RichWarwick

Return to Navigation & Routing