Announcement: routing through landmarks

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Announcement: routing through landmarks

Postby Unholy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:30 pm

Hi,

the "update requests" bug is indeed a critical bug that doing us one critical headache, but we're working on it.

thanks,

Ori
Unholy
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby unwallflower » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:05 pm

I second your frustration. I've said it before, but I'll say it again: Cartouche has become virtually unusable to me in the past few weeks. Adding features that nobody is even requesting, when there are some really good requests being ignored on uservoice, and some serious problems in Cartouche that persist even after several weeks... well, it makes no sense to me. :?
unwallflower

Postby unwallflower » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:29 pm

petervdveen wrote:Don't you have a backup of the system? ;)

THIS. Maybe I'm just being ignorant, but for most of these problems we have a pretty good idea of when they started. You guys have to know what you changed around that same time period. Like I said, maybe I'm just being ignorant... but I really don't understand why it takes weeks to reverse whatever these changes were that caused the problem.
unwallflower

Postby unwallflower » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:30 pm

harling wrote:
unwallflower wrote:
petervdveen wrote:Don't you have a backup of the system? ;)

THIS. Maybe I'm just being ignorant, but for most of these problems we have a pretty good idea of when they started. You guys have to know what you changed around that same time period. Like I said, maybe I'm just being ignorant... but I really don't understand why it takes weeks to reverse whatever these changes were that caused the problem.

I'm thinking it must be that they're making server-side changes for the new map editor (e.g., database structure), and then trying to patch the current Cartouche accordingly. It begs the question about whether these back-end changes are tested against Cartouche in advance, or whether they wait until something breaks, and then decide whether to fix it or leave it broken until the new editor is released.

This makes sense. I'm just frustrated and probably oversimplifying things. Looks like I'm probably not going to be editing for a couple months, since it seems like it will probably be that long until we see the new Cartouche. That's on top of not editing this past month, either. Sigh. :(
unwallflower

Previous

Return to Navigation & Routing