Issue with route to RRBHS, instead sent to a baseball field

Post by malotron
For the first time the Waze app failed me earlier today. I had to go to El Reno, OK to my employer's location there and help a trainer setup for a training. I knew the general area of the location, all I know is that the building is off Route 66 but this was my first ever visit. I open the Waze app on my iPhone 6, tap the search field and type "Red Rock Behavioral Health Services, El Reno" and the app showed an option to select with what I knew as the address of "7777 Oklahoma 66". I leave, take the turnpike and then exit off at Route 66/OK US66. Waze directs me down Route 66 and I come to the OK US66 and Banner Road intersection. At this point, the app has me turn left, cut over on Banner Rd to I-40 West. I thought to myself, "hmm, that's odd...but this is Waze so it knows" and followed accordingly.

As I continued to follow, I come to the end of my route, and the damn app has me at a high school fieldhouse and the end is in the middle of a baseball field. I then switch to Google Maps....it says the SAME THING?!?!

I call my coworker/manager and he tells me to go back to that spot where I turned off Route 66 to get onto the interstate (6-8 miles back the other direction). Once there, the correct end of the route was literally 500 yards from where I turned for the interstate.

Here is the mapping as shown through the browser on my PC:

https://www.waze.com/livemap?zoom=17&la ... t_text=Now

However, THIS is where the app had me go in the beginning which is NOT the correct address:

https://mobile-web.waze.com/en/meetup/s ... ype=invite

This was an aggravating situation as the app failed me, made me late for my arrival and threw me back to the mid 90s on how to navigate to a location.

Why did this resolve to a baseball field instead of a health care facility?
malotron

POSTER_ID:17361014

Send a message

Post by malotron
Thanks for following up. I am not El Reno a lot, but next time I go I can pin point it. The URL I posted for the map from the PC does seem to locate the correct spot for that office. It looks like the office is 1.25 miles west from the Banner Rd/Route 66 intersection which coincides with what I recall from earlier today.

Regards,
malotron
Send a message

Post by okladriver
I'll dig into this this afternoon but I can almost say for certain t hat we don't have RRBHS mapped in Waze so the search falls back to Waze's search partners such as Google Maps. Google Maps frequently has things in the wrong place, such as what you experienced.

The fix for Waze is for us to map it into the Waze system (something you can do from the app while you're at the correct location). When I get freed up here in a bit I'll dig around, verify that this is what happened, and map RRBHS into the system.

Reports like this, from users like you, are what make Waze better. Thanks. I'll update you soon.

-okladriver
Oklahoma State Manager
okladriver
Send a message

Post by okladriver
This was absolutely a Google Maps problem. I have mapped it in Waze and suggested the correction to Google Maps. I don't know how long it will take to fix in Google Maps but it should be good in Waze in a couple of days. I'll update you here as soon as it's correct in the app.
okladriver
Send a message

Post by okladriver
Sorry for the delay. This seems to be working properly now. Thanks for letting us know about it.
okladriver
Send a message