Tulsa Area Road Naming Guidelines (September 25, 2017)

Moderators: delilush, sketch, karlcr9911

Tulsa Area Road Naming Guidelines (September 25, 2017)

Postby turnertr » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:27 pm

Effective September 25, 2017, here are the current road naming guidelines for the City of Tulsa, and the counties that utilize Tulsa's naming convention (Primarily Tulsa/Creek/Wagoner, some small pockets of Okmulgee/Osage/Rogers).

Numbered streets running North/South: All directionals shall be now abbreviated. i.e. what was S 161st East Ave will become S 161st E Ave.

Numbered streets running East/West: Post-Directional suffixes shall be included except within the City of Tulsa. Within the City Limits of Tulsa, South shall be omitted. Therefore, E 41st St is correct within the city limits, however, outside of the city limits, it should be come E 41st St S.

EXCEPTION: BGS guide signs shall state whatever the BGS says, but can be abbreviated. i.e. US-169 in south Tulsa has exits for 71st that say "71st St S". It would still remain "to 71st St S", however, the street name it connects to will be "E 71st St".

This will be a phased approach to changing over.
Phase 1 (9/25/17): Wagoner County.
Phase 2 (10/2/17): West Tulsa
Phase 3 (TBD): Tulsa County, Bixby area, south of Arkansas River/E 141st St S, east of US-75.
Phase 4 (TBD): Tulsa County, Glenpool/Keifer
Phase 5 (TBD): Broken Arrow
Phase 6 (TBD): Southeast Tulsa, south of 51st St
Phase 7 (TBD): East Central Tulsa, Rogers County Line/Pine to 51st
Phase 8 (TBD): Northeast Tulsa/Owasso
Phase 9 (TBD): Sand Springs
Phase 10 (TBD): Sapulpa
Phase 11 (TBD): Creek County
Upcoming Phases to be Announced as each phase nears completion.

At the beginning of each phase I will take care of street naming via script. However Place addresses are not scriptable and do NOT get changed when the street does, so we will need to go down each N/S avenue and look for places that need to be updated with the new street name.
Oklahoma/Texas State Manager
Wazing since January 2014
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]

iPhone 7 Plus, AT&T, iOS 12β
South Central Regional Wiki
Oklahoma Wiki Page
South Central Region Discord
turnertr
State Manager
State Manager

Re: Tulsa Area Road Naming Guidelines (September 25, 2017)

Postby dBsooner » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:30 pm

Thank you for implementing my suggestions. I have updated my request to point at this thread. I see you have changed what we discussed in the Discord channel in the OP. I'll continue to work through this.

NOTE to everyone: Turn on "Alt Name" highlight and you'll catch a lot of segments that didn't get renamed because they were named incorrectly to begin with.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
• AM: Eastern Oklahoma, DFW, Southern Florida
• Wiki: WME | Editing Manual | Best Practices | FAQ | Places
• AT&T | iPhone XS Max | iOS 12 | Waze Latest Beta
dBsooner
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Return to Oklahoma