Different entrances require different routes

Post by pagewalker
At 7 Maxwells Green Somerville, MA 02144, there are 3 entrances: 1) front door, 2) back door, and 3) garage entrance. Only front door is accessible from Maxwell's Green road, because Somerville blocks the road from Maxwell's Green to Clyde St (see the barrier pointed by the red arrow in the attached picture). Waze always routes me via Maxwell's Green road, even if I want to enter the building from garage door.

I was trying to add 3 entry points to the apartment to get the right route when I am entering the building from garage door, but all got deleted. I am not sure why. In addition, the direction from Maxwell's Green to Clyde St and vice versa should be blocked to make sure Waze provide a right route. Otherwise, even if I set my destination to 56 Maxwells Green as a workaround for me to try to get the right routes to the garage entrance, Waze still uses Maxwells Green, giving a wrong route.

Thanks in advance for your help.
barrier_s.jpg
(220.3 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
pagewalker

POSTER_ID:17038165

Send a message

Post by pagewalker
SanzClew wrote:Thanks for your report! I have adjusted the map to prevent routing through the barrier.

I cannot find any edits of yours that have been deleted. Nonetheless, I have added the Warwick St entrance. I'll a garage and marker for that as well. Do you happen to know how many spaces there are in there?
Thanks a lot. I just checked the garage, there are 38 car spaces for the residents in the apartment.
pagewalker
Send a message

Post by SanzClew
Thanks for your report! I have adjusted the map to prevent routing through the barrier.

I cannot find any edits of yours that have been deleted. Nonetheless, I have added the Warwick St entrance. I'll a garage and marker for that as well. Do you happen to know how many spaces there are in there?

All changes I make will take 1-3 days to appear live on the app. You won't see any changes in directions if you use previously saved searches.

You will need refresh your search for that address later this week as Waze does not do that for you and will continue to route you to see the original 1-entrance option only.
Additionally if you've saved that spot to "home" or "work" you'll need to delete and resave the new one. The steps to delete an item from your search history are located here:      

https://support.google.com/waze/answer/6262570?hl=en    

Regards,
SanzClew
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by SanzClew
Thanks! I'll add that. I also found exits ramps from the other buildings but no obvious entry doors. Since Google Maps cars didn't go into the complex, I have no eyes on it. Are there 2 way garage entrances or one-way in and one-way out doors?
SanzClew
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message