home location incorrect

Post by nycsarah
Hello- Waze Support sent me here to hopefully fix my home address location in Truro, MA. When searching for my address, the pin appears way further down my street from my house. I am happy to send details and photos of how it looks on the app offline.
Thanks- Sarah
nycsarah

POSTER_ID:17605909

Send a message

Post by bobc455
Hi Sarah-

There could be a few factors for this. Sometimes editors have not gotten around to mapping the house locations for every street, so Waze may take guesses based on other resources.

The easiest place to start is with your address - even just the street name is fine. We typically have enough resources to fix any misplaced addresses - but if you can tell us where to look, we should be able to fix it up.

Once we fix it, you'll have to wait a few days for the information to be downloaded to your device, then delete the saved location - behind the scenes the app is looking at the saved GPS point, and not the address. So by re-entering the address, it will look for the new location and save that accordingly (after the update has gone through).

Thanks!
bobc455
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mudge42
You can send photos (and address, if you prefer not to post in a public forum) to masswazers@gmail.com. Thanks.
mudge42
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by nycsarah
Thanks so much! I just sent a picture and details to masswazers account. Please let me know if i can assist with anything further.
Best
Sarah
nycsarah
Send a message