MSP

Moderators: delilush, orbitc, banished

MSP

Postby jackSunny421 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:29 am

Recently as I was traveling the commonwealth, I noticed that our honorable state police barracks are frequently showing up with different naming, it would be great to see if they were consistent in how they showed up on the map.
jackSunny421

Re: MSP

Postby jackSunny421 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:56 pm

Is that a bug off?
jackSunny421

Postby jackSunny421 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:14 pm

Ok. I was curious what you are planning
jackSunny421

Postby jackSunny421 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:06 pm

True points however in this case the person said They did 9 already so they are not doing research they are implementing a plan. I raised a question and now am being kept out of the process so yes it was a bug off. Have you been in communication with this person about the request? Do you have more information to share or are you trying to publicly shame me for asking a question.

And interestingly weren’t you the one who didn’t follow up to my request in the app about 95/128 for close to a month however, in here I got a quick resolution with information about the implemented solution.
jackSunny421

Postby jaywazin » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:42 pm

Thanks, we'll look into them.
jaywazin
State Manager
State Manager

Postby jaywazin » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:59 pm

Nope. I've done the first 9 already. There are 41 total it takes time.
jaywazin
State Manager
State Manager

Postby jaywazin » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:51 pm

No excuses here, we get hundreds of in-app reports in the Boston area in a month and they frequently get lost in followup due to the sheer number. We however keep them open until some resolution or decision can be made on them.

Forum posts get a little additional attention compared to in-app reports because (1) there are much fewer of them than the in-app reports (2) people who post to the forum generally have made a greater effort to create the post and (3) people who post to the forum are more likely to have constructive interaction.

Tenetienne was speaking in generalizations and I think expressed the situation well explaining my response of "we'll look into them" - I put that response without before doing any research on how non-harmonized the different MSP places were, thinking "that's a reasonable suggestion, we'll look into how many there are, what information we have available, and how to coordinate changing them".

As Tenetienne said most non-urgent issues in waze do not get resolved immediately, especially if you're talking about "synergizing" many different locations. They DID have to be researched on the MSP web site, and to change them they have to be individually typed in, phone numbers corrected, stop locations, entered, and roads/parking lot segments created, and this all takes time to do. In most cases we divy up the effort so it may be a project that takes time to coordinate and launch but that requires figuring how who has editing rights at which locations and creating a project. Shortly before your first response I got a chance to look at the numbers and do some research on sources and sites, and decided that as a MA state manager that it'd be fastest to just do them myself, and might do 10 or 20 a day until they were done.

So there's the process. It's not a "bug off" and I'm sorry you see it that way. It's a "we'll look into them" - and after we did, it turned into "okay we'll take care of it". Unfortunately we don't give step by step status updates for these sorts of requests. We just try to get them done, and in most cases when we're at the point of "okay we've taken care of it" - we'll let you know when it's all done (as I'm doing here ) - or if there's disagreement or a reason it's not being done.
jaywazin
State Manager
State Manager

Postby tenetienne » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:52 pm

When someone posts to the forum, they don't need to worry they will be ignored. We take things seriously. Much as it would be nice to be able to respond and resolve something within a short time, that usually is impossible. What might seem obvious to the person submitting the question / request may take an editor a while to gather information and research what is being asked of us. We look at the map for as much information as we can and if we need to, will ask for more information or clarification regarding it.
The other thing that impacts responses from us is that we as editors are all volunteers, so we may end up having "real life" get in the way of what we to do here in the Waze Map Editor.
tenetienne
Area Manager
Area Manager

Return to Massachusetts