Route 9, Southborough

Post by
Hi,

We have numerous reports of inappropriate directions but we cannot fix them since it is a level 3+ road. Route 9 is a barrier divided highway and needs to be redrawn as such. Can someone of a higher level fix this?

POSTER_ID:16886981

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
MA-9 does not meet the guidelines to be split & is kept locked at 5+ specifically to prevent it from being edited. It has been split in the past and it actually causes more problems then it fixes.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by BaronScot
my feeling is that if it is so important for them to lock it, then somebody should be monitoring it then. im not going to chase somebody down over and over to fix these issues that were not addressed correctly. i try to focus on areas i can correct properly and leave the "important" areas to others.

i dont want to make it seem like i dont want to help, i just dont see alot of useful assistance or guidance from higher level editors in general.
BaronScot
Send a message

Post by dalewjj
Would it be ok if i went about cleaning up the amount of reports in this area some? some have been opened for months. Im going with this answer to new reports and closing old reports with it also.

'This problem is a known problem and a discussion about it can be seen at viewtopic.php?f=618&t=89218&p=899049 . If you would like to continue the discussion we would recommend you going there to talk about why the system is broken. Closing this report now, if we can do anything else for you please open a thread on the forum.'
dalewjj
Send a message

Post by dalewjj
what Jay said. I wont even go there anymore cause its just a cluster.
dalewjj
Send a message

Post by dalewjj
or maybe a more basic question. I searched the forum and the only place i can see a discussion about this is in the MA forum. did anyone go to the devs and discuss this with them anywhere? someplace i can send the users to get them to back us up. or are we all just complaining to ourselves about it and nobody else knows?
dalewjj
Send a message

Post by dmcrandall
Since you don't have a State Manager at this time, Orbit would be the one to bring this to, as the Regional Coordinator. You could start by posting a synopsis of the problem in the Regional Forum viewforum.php?f=945)

However, I disagree with the original assessment that the street not be divided. As long as it meets ONE of the criteria listed in the Wiki, it qualifies to be divided. And the glaring issue is that people have to make a U-turn to get to addresses on the opposite side of the roadway.
dmcrandall
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
"This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickok." -Matthew Quigley

US Country Manager (In between deliveries)

Post by dmcrandall
Ok, it's been lowered from L5. Now we need to seriously look at which parts of it need to be divided, and which don't.
dmcrandall
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by dmcrandall
jaywazin wrote:I can certainly deal with the splitting all the way from Boston through I-95 since I drive that way frequently and am quite familiar with that segment, and am also willing to work on it up to the point where I lose editing rights in Southbridge.
If you're comfortable doing it...make it happen. Let me know what help you need, when you need it.
dmcrandall
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by dmcrandall
SanzClew wrote:BTW these are still locked.
Aren't you just a little ray of sunshine today. ;) Submitted for downgrade.
dmcrandall
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by dmcrandall
SanzClew wrote:I prefer the term "wicked pissah"
Wicked Retahded is my favorite.
Oh, and I split Rte 44 in Plymouth so I've had to learn the technique... If those segments get unlocked, I'll just take little chunks at a time to make sure they're truly set before moving on.

:geek:
Which section of 44 did you split? Also, Rt3 is now upgraded to FWY. Just don't look at the Sagamore bridge too closely. Still trying to get the cape unlocked. Ugh.

Annndd.....those two links are now unlocked. Should be down to 3. Let me know if they're not.
dmcrandall
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message