Post by kapilhello_1
Just wanna ask about editing the map, I want to add my complex in the Maps, getting into the details but still do not know how to do it in Waze map editor.
kapilhello_1
Send a message

Post by KG_MissTaken
Morning All

Any idea where I would start to actually becoming a waze map editor; the process of editing seems uncomplicated and i've been a waze user for +-2 Years. I have viewed all the video's and using the actual editor map, however that's as far as I've gotten - Location's often travelled (General East Rand Area).

Thanking you for any further assistance in the future.
KG_MissTaken
Send a message

Post by LeighGr
My name is Leigh, and I'm a 'Waze'aholic. I've been addicted for almost three years. I am another country manager for South Africa, based in Cape Town.

We definitely have a need for more editors, as we need more eyes on the ground. I'm still horrified to find major cities with unmapped roads. Yesterday I found the north western parts of Kimberley largely untouched, and Streetview is either unavailable or it's very difficult to read street names.

I'm all for mentoring. For the new editors that disconnect as soon as I greet them in Chat, I promise I don't bite. I'm just trying to guide you to not making the basic mistakes we see all over.
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Leigh Greyling
Redmi 8, Android 10.0.0, Waze: Whatever the latest beta is!
LC: South Africa
CM: Southern Africa

Post by Neuk
Hi all

I am a complete noob/amateur wazer but love using the app and contributing to live updates and adjusting maps where I can. I live in Johannesburg but travel regularly on business and pleasure, using Waze wherever I go. Looking forward to contributing more and more.

Cheers
Nic
Neuk
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Neuk
batpoep wrote:Biggest Desire: To get a non-working robot, erm, traffic light alert for the app!
I am with you on this one. I normally use the missing sign option, I find it too distracting to use the general warning and to type a description.
Neuk
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by OlavoAG
Hello there!
I used to be more addicted to editing. Especially when I was unemployed, lol.
Already lived / been to other countries and now I'm based in SA for the time being. Hope to help improve the maps around here (Cape Town mainly).
OlavoAG
Send a message
OLAVO GASPARIN

Country Manager - Brazil
Area Manager - Cape Town - South Africa

Post by ppmjedi
Hi All,

Eben here and another Wazeaholic I must confess :D Been an active editor for the past 7 months and thoroughly enjoying myself while making navigating easier for all wazers.

Staying in Pretoria, but regularly travelling to Botswana, Kenya and soon to Namibia and Nigeria on business...and helping out there as well with their maps.

I have been put on the right path editing by quite a few of the folk who already introduced themselves and keep learning from them every day, so I agree with Leigh...don't be shy to say hello, don't be scared to ask a question or for guidance.

See you all online!

Regards,
ppmjedi
Master Raider
Master Raider
Send a message

Post by ppmjedi
htonl wrote:Hi folks,

Adrian here, from the southern suburbs of Cape Town. I'm new to Waze, but I'm a big contributor to OpenStreetMap so I have a lot of experience with the concepts of map editing.

Cheers!
Welcome onboard as an editor Adrian! Good that you've also joined the Slack channel.
ppmjedi
Master Raider
Master Raider
Send a message

Post by ppmjedi
KG_MissTaken wrote:Morning All

Any idea where I would start to actually becoming a waze map editor; the process of editing seems uncomplicated and i've been a waze user for +-2 Years. I have viewed all the video's and using the actual editor map, however that's as far as I've gotten - Location's often travelled (General East Rand Area).

Thanking you for any further assistance in the future.
Good morning KG_MissTaken. Great to hear from you! You can start editing around the routes you regularly travel and in Waze Map Editor you'll find your last trips by selecting the "Drives" tab. As a Level 1 editor, you can edit 1 Mile / 1.6 km around your driven routes. I've sent you a PM, with scripts that will assist your editing.
ppmjedi
Master Raider
Master Raider
Send a message

Post by RodNav
Hi there,

I'm Rod, also a Country Manager. I have been quiet for the last few weeks due to a very busy work period. (As a freelancer that's not a complaint!) My life is returning to a more normal pace in a day or 2, so expect to see me more active and present again.

I'll add that I live in Somerset West near Cape Town.

Regards
Rod
RodNav
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Country Manager for South Africa.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G