SA Wazers - Assemble!

Post by
Hi guys,

Long time no speak...

Well, things are going great when it comes to new registered and active Wazers.
More and more people are using Waze on their daily commute, there is a major increase in the numbers of map editors that keep improving the maps for the benefit of all Wazers in South Africa.

So now is the time to go forward and work together - Creating a community of editors, local Champs, wiki experts and everybody who wishes to take part in helping fellow Wazers, create mapping guidelines and be the ones to lead.

Guys, we would love to hear from you - please share with me your suggestions, insights, ideas and anything that comes to your mind!

Thanks.

POSTER_ID:94248

Send a message

Post by amitbena
Hi Guys,

Nice to hear from you!
We know that the petrol prices are a big issue across the world.
Thanks to your awesome work on adding the SA petrol station we've reached the min. number of gas station required to set up the Gas station feature.
We have started working on the implementation of the feature in SA and it might take a few weeks.
We'll keep you posted on our progress!

Best,
Amit
amitbena
Send a message

Post by batpoep
Well, howzit!

Sven here. Wazer for 4 years and part-time editor for the last year.
Live north of the northern suburbs of Joburg, and south of the Pretoria south. Just in the sweet spot ;)
Travel quite a bit for work, and have Waze as the constant companion.

Biggest Desire: To get a non-working robot, erm, traffic light alert for the app!
batpoep
Send a message
<User Signature Deleted>

Post by Booyzen
Hi Wazers
I am a complete noob wazer but love using the app and contributing to live updates and adjusting maps where I can. I live in Pretoria - North. I using Waze wherever I go. Looking forward to contributing more and more to update the map. :D

Booyzen
Booyzen
Send a message

Post by Boulomai
Hey..

David here, I live in the Upper Highway area just outside of Durban, KZN. Use Waze every day to work and back and enjoy editing as much as I can!
Boulomai
Send a message

Post by diepes
Hi Pieter here,

I maped like crazy for a year and took a break.
After driving from JHB to Knysna, and finding some long distance routing problems on N12, i couldn't resist logging in again.

The news on the fuel stations and pricing on it's way to SA is great news.

Regards,
diepes
diepes
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Pieter

Post by Electrozulu
Hi there,

My name is Kevin I run a electronics/ it company in Richards Bay, live in Empangeni. I got into Waze just over 3 years ago and became totally addicted. I like adding elements that give wazers queues while navigating such as rivers, parks and lakes etc.

Keep up the good work.
Electrozulu
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by elphix
Unholy wrote:Guys, don't be shy. We are all Wazers here.
Step forward and introduce yourselves :D
This made me chuckle... :mrgreen: The forums are quite these days - maybe the petrol price or e-tolls have put a shock into the system.

I'm Kyle - one of the South African Country Managers. Feel free to drop me a PM here on the forums. I'll generally get back to you within a day. I have to say I'm pleased to see a number of new editors around. As Ori said, don't be shy. If you have any questions we are here to help regardless how small the issue may seem.

Kyle
elphix
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by elphix
Booyzen wrote:Hi Wazers
I am a complete noob wazer but love using the app and contributing to live updates and adjusting maps where I can. I live in Pretoria - North. I using Waze wherever I go. Looking forward to contributing more and more to update the map. :D

Booyzen
Seems like the North of PTA is a hotspot for editors. That's three so far!
elphix
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by htonl
Hi folks,

Adrian here, from the southern suburbs of Cape Town. I'm new to Waze, but I'm a big contributor to OpenStreetMap so I have a lot of experience with the concepts of map editing.

Cheers!
htonl
Send a message

Post by kapilhello_1
Hello Good day to everyone. I am a new joinee in this Wazer world.
kapilhello_1
Send a message