Waze Not Connecting

Post by Neuk
Yesterday afternoon and this morning, despite me having 3G signal and being able to send and receive messages Waze was unable to connect to the network. Is there a general issue at the moment?
Neuk
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:8330821

Send a message

Post by Bunchat
After updating the app on my Xperia yesterday morning, I noticed it took quite a while to retrieve the points in my scoreboard.

About an hour later it was back to normal. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/27 ... d506a6.jpg
I was relegated to a baby wazer for about an hour. [emoji1]
Bunchat
Send a message

Post by Bunchat
Neuk wrote: I have far less points than Bunchat :? I'll need to work on that, thanks for the help.
You'll need to be doing in excess of 1200+km a week for 2 years to get these points! [emoji15]
Bunchat
Send a message

Post by elphix
Works fine for me on my iPad and my Sony. I'd assume you've done the usual checks like restarting the phone as well as trying to view a website or something.

What's your network as well as phone?
elphix
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by elphix
I feel like the points issue is unrelated to the connectivity issue. As far as catching up goes, it's possible to get 20 000 in a week with a bit of effort. The points are skewed heavily towards edits as opposed to drives so the more edits you do the more likely you are to get the good points.
elphix
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by Neuk
elphix wrote:Works fine for me on my iPad and my Sony. I'd assume you've done the usual checks like restarting the phone as well as trying to view a website or something.

What's your network as well as phone?
Thanks elphix, I am using an iPhone 5S on the Vodacom network. I can send and receive WhatsApp messages, load websites in Safari, load Facebook, etc. but I haven't tried to restart my phone. I'll give that a go and see what happens, thanks.
Neuk
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Neuk
And it looks like a double hard reboot of my phone has worked but I have far less points than Bunchat :? I'll need to work on that, thanks for the help.
Neuk
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Neuk
Bunchat wrote:
Neuk wrote: I have far less points than Bunchat :? I'll need to work on that, thanks for the help.
You'll need to be doing in excess of 1200+km a week for 2 years to get these points! [emoji15]
Arg :| I don't do anywhere near that sort of distance on a weekly basis, maybe a little more on a monthly basis.
Neuk
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Neuk
elphix wrote:I feel like the points issue is unrelated to the connectivity issue. As far as catching up goes, it's possible to get 20 000 in a week with a bit of effort. The points are skewed heavily towards edits as opposed to drives so the more edits you do the more likely you are to get the good points.
Yeah, I was being a bit sarcastic about the points issue ;) It is simple in my eyes, the more you contribute to the community in terms of driving, reporting and editing the more you are rewarded with points. It is almost a pity that editing earns the most points as not everyone is able to edit and if one lives in large populated areas there is little left to edit.
Neuk
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message