Do you want to help improve the quality of the Waze maps with South Africa? If so, you can request to become an area manager
, enabling you to maintain a specific area of the map.
Prospective Area Managers should already...
- have at least two months of experience editing the Waze maps regularly.
- have read and followed the guidelines for mapping found in the wiki, starting at the Waze Map Editing page.
- have completed at least 5000 quality edits.
- have a real Waze username which does not start with usa_ or world_.
- have forum PMs enabled and associated with a valid and verifiable email address.
- be active in the Waze forums, in particularly the
South African forum Waze South Africa Slack Channel, asking questions, and even providing guidance for newer editors, if possible.
Note that Area Manager appointments automatically expire after 90 days of inactivity.
Should you meet all the above requirements, and would like to apply for an AM area, complete the South Africa Area Manager Request form