Sjoe, I must edit Google Maps all the time!!

Post by Getheron
Hi guys or colleague editors, I want to mention this Google editing that happened to me all the time, it’s a bit amusing to me. I’m not really frustrated or anything, I mean I do this out of my own free will. But maybe something for us editors to take note of to resolve certain issues in Waze. And more problematic, is that Google maps take our loyal Wazer’s to strange places. (I know that the 2 applications are linked)
See example:
this Wazer was looking for “Value Logistics” near Kraaifontein, Cape Town

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... ueFilter=0

The Wazers use the Waze application and then they gave error reports in Waze where the destination is not accurately portrayed,(like above example) When I investigate, sure enough, Waze is spot on but when you go into Google map you will find that the error is reflected exactly in Google maps, and then I must edit Google maps to resolve the problem and so I need to edit 2 applications all the time, Waze and Goole maps.
Happened the other day where a Wazer wanted to go to Stikland Hospital in Bellville, so I have to move the Google maps Icon to the correct entrance, or the wazer complain the MTN is no longer at the garage, Jip – must delete that in Google Maps.
Happy editing colleagues. :D :D
Getheron

POSTER_ID:16829862

Send a message

Post by elphix
I hadn't realised that linking to Google places was limited to higher ranks.

If there are any link you want me to do feel free to message me or post them to the slack.
elphix
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by Getheron
Yes, Thanks Mr. KTCAOP, are you going to teach Wazers the "Spyglass" thing? And I'm sorry I am not included in this senior rank thing but unfortunately I with my low rank have to deal with the situation.
Getheron
Send a message

Post by KTCAOP
In general - if Wazers are only relying on the "drop down menu" search results, it may pull from external sources. It may be best to teach the Wazers to press the "spyglass" / "search" / "more results" button to pull the most recent results from the Waze database, though external search results may often pull.

Furthermore, for editors of more senior rank, they have the ability to "link" Waze Places to Google Search Results, which may be useful in this situation.
KTCAOP
Send a message

Post by KTCAOP
Personally yes, I will go through and teach as many of the Wazers to use the search in order to pull the most recent results. Where I live, in the U.S., external searches are good for about 90 % of the results. So I only need to teach 10 %.

In terms of senior ranking, you may not be, but I do believe that there are senior editors that exist in South Africa that can assist you if needed. I use senior rank because I am not aware of if the ability is higher or lower in other regions, but again in the U.S., when someone is a level 3 editor, they can link places.

I'm not sure why you apologize, but I forgive you? ???
KTCAOP
Send a message