Afrikaans now available in the client

Post by jonypony
Hi ZA Wazers!

Afrikaans is now available as an interface language!

Enjoy
jonypony

POSTER_ID:8329132

Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/3/35/Jonypony.png
Waze so serious?

U.S.A./Canada/South-Africa/Australia community Manager
Waze Community & Support

Post by Kuhlkatz
Thanks for the heads-up Yonatan !
And thanks to Orit as well for the all the work in the background ;)

Just a quick heads-up for the people that activates the language on the interface :

The Afrikaans translation is only for the client display of menu and text options at this stage, it does not include any TTS (Text-to-speech) or navigation instructions (yet).

As I had a local translation on my device which was 'hacked' for Afrikaans support, I reset my Android device settings by clearing all of Waze's files and cache information. After restarting Waze and setting up the initial login details, it still took a couple of minutes before the Afrikaans Language was listed in the language choice.
I also tried by doing a complete uninstall and delete of the Waze folder, with the same results. After initially setting the language to English, it required another restart of Waze for Afrikaans to be available in the Language list.
So, if Afrikaans is not available immediately in the language settings, please check again after doing a restart of the Waze client.

Some screens are dependent on the Waze web back-end, like the scoreboard and the specials screens. The translations are already done, but they are updated less frequently than the client strings, so will unfortunately only be available in the English version for a while still.

If there are any problems that you encounter with any strings, or any translations that could be done 'better', please volunteer your help / assistance / suggestions in the Call to arms - Afrikaans translation thread.
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing