Post by LeighGr
minoglie wrote:This conversation thing is great but twice now I have replied to the user to get more information, and another user has come and "Solved " the issue. Waze should think about locking it to the user who got there first. Maybe I am overreacting but i thought it was a dick move. :x
I can see this getting out of hand, but at least you should now know who "Solved" the UR. I think we need to keep a list of the editor that do this. Been thinking for the last few days as to what to call the #%&%*ing clowns. We've already got jolly drivers and jolly editors, and they are both good for a laugh. :)

Irresponsible editors is probably more appropiate, though I'd like to call them something far worse.
So far we have kgatit reported by myself, rietrot reported by xcentricdave, and you can add yours to the list. I'm hoping that it's only a handful of editors doing this, so we can to ask them to play nicely.

It may well be the case that these are their own URs, but I feel they should at least take the trouble to notice that another editor has started a conversation, and reply in the conversation that they have resolved the UR and will the marking it as solved. Marking the UR as "not identified" while another editor is trying to gather more information is a big no-no.

My 10 cents worth.

Leigh
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Leigh Greyling
Redmi 8, Android 10.0.0, Waze: Whatever the latest beta is!
LC: South Africa
CM: Southern Africa

Post by LeighGr
Kuhlkatz wrote:
I added a UR there from Livemap as well, and it looks like Livemap correctly associates the UR with my logged-in Waze account. Previously you had to supply some extra info, so this is actually cool.
In this case, I'm also seen as the 'Reporter' when I comment.
This is most likely due to privacy concerns - at least we know that editors will not be able to identify & try and hunt down OR send some not-so-nice PMs to that "friggin' ID10T user" that keeps posting all those 'General Error' UR's with no descriptions in their area ;)
The privacy part works very well.

As I mentioned in a comment in one of the conversations, I'd forgotten/given up on LiveMap, as after six months, roads I'd added in Durbanville were not shown in LiveMap. I see they are there now, a year later, along with roads I added last week. Obviously a sign for me to start using LiveMap!

If the ID10Ts get requests for additional information as we're not mind-reader, they'll might get the message.

Leigh.
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Leigh Greyling
Redmi 8, Android 10.0.0, Waze: Whatever the latest beta is!
LC: South Africa
CM: Southern Africa

Post by minoglie
This conversation thing is great but twice now I have replied to the user to get more information, and another user has come and "Solved " the issue. Waze should think about locking it to the user who got there first. Maybe I am overreacting but i thought it was a dick move. :x
minoglie
Send a message

Post by mithrandi
Yay, finally!
mithrandi
Send a message
Tristan Seligmann
AM: Johannesburg, South Africa
Community expert: South Africa (client / Android / editing / routing)
Android 4.1 / HTC One X

Post by RodNav
Hi guys.

You must be wondering if I'm still around! Doing occasional edits because I've been very busy work-wise.

I would love to try a couple of UR tests to see how the conversation thing really works. Unfortunately, even when you say "for RodNav" they sometimes get closed without anything being done. Although I will say that the problem's not too bad here in Cape Town. Anyone willing to do some test URs/conversations? We can but hope that if we type that it's a test, that it might actually be left alone. :P

Will soon be travelling quite a bit, so looking forward to some waze driving in different areas - you know, actually navigating to places! Also, I might drive to PE in Dec (about 730km). Will be the longest waze drive I've done :)

Back to editing (video editing, not map editing!)

Regards
Rod
RodNav
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Country Manager for South Africa.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G

Post by xcentricdave
Hi there,
I'd be happy to be involved in some testing. I've had the same experience that I asked a question about what the reporter meant when they had a general problem near the Meadowridge Engen garage, then later that day the problem was resolved by 'rietrot'. I don't know if perhaps that was the original reporter of the issue and they decided to mark resolved, whether the original problem reporter came back with a comment that enabled the fix, or if the rietrot just marked as fixed.
I can't now see the problem or it's commentary, perhaps the fixer made a comment that I can't see?

Let me know what I can do.
xcentricdave
Send a message
Dave Campbell-Watts
Oneplus 3T - Android 7.1.1
Mapper: mainly Cape Town to Cape Point
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png