Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
1. Include the city and state in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. Thank the user who solved the request and mark the thread Solved.

Please note that a higher level editor may choose to fix an unlock request themselves so higher value segments will remain protected at their level.

Forum rules
1. Include the city and FULL state name in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. When completed, THANK the user who solved the request and mark the thread SOLVED.

Unlock request in Kingsport, Tennessee

Post by Ruminator777
Hi Editors,

I would like to be able to edit the following object(s).
Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Permalink: https://waze.com/en-US/editor?env=usa&l ... s=67071309
Reason:
Unlock to level: 1

Thank you in advance,
Ruminator777

POSTER_ID:17988410

Send a message

Post by Larryhayes7
We do not normally unlock a ramp or highway for someone that has never edited. Can you please tell us what is the issue here and we will look into it? We have a local editor in the Kingsport area that can boots on the ground if needed.
Larryhayes7
Send a message

Post by Larryhayes7
I know exactly what you are talking about, we have had others here talk about the same thing here. It is because we have put over this area and the other ramp what is called a Junction Box. It gathers traffic speed data, handles turn restrictions and additional benefits. Although it might not always give you the best route you can just continue to drive the best route you know and over time it will learn the your route.
Larryhayes7
Send a message

Post by Ruminator777
Sure, this is the route that I take every day to my office and there is an on ramp to I26E off of Route 93 that is shown on the Waze app but it wants to take me further to take a Left to get onto I26. Once I turn on to the ramp it knows it's there but does not suggest it when it is clearly the best route.
Ruminator777
Send a message

Post by vtpearce
Hi Rumminator777,
I'm the local editor LarryHayes7 mentioned and I too travel this intersection often. To be honest, there are many times where Waze does the opposite to me - directs me to turn left onto the ramp at the intersection with Old Wilcox but, because the left turn has a red light and there's still a green one straight, I will continue on and turn left at the intersection with New Moore Rd. Waze is just trying to offer you what it thinks is the most efficient route. As LarryHayes7 mentioned, choosing what you believe is the best route will help Waze learn and over time it might start offering that route to you and others.
vtpearce
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message