1. Include the city and state in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. Thank the user who solved the request and mark the thread Solved.

Please note that a higher level editor may choose to fix an unlock request themselves so higher value segments will remain protected at their level.

Forum rules
1. Include the city and FULL state name in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. When completed, THANK the user who solved the request and mark the thread SOLVED.

Level5 Update: New Jersey - East Orange (to I-280 W / I-280

Post by yepperoni
My Level: 3
Reason for request: This wayfinder doesn't do anything. While the exits are prompted correctly, the "to I-280 W" does nothing and is effectively useless. There's also been a couple URs mentioning this.

However, the current wayfinder guidence indicates you don't really need a wayfinder here. Still, I can kind of see how people may be getting confused. There's the BGS for I-280 W with the yellow "Left 3 Lanes", and the two exits to the right.

I'd like some opinions before I either rename the useless segment, or add a proper wayfinder in.

yepperoni
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:16960366

Send a message

Post by PleaseDriveFast
Right - the wayfinder is incorrectly done and a best continuation is being created along I-280 with a segment type match. The current wiki is correct, but these are guidelines to follow not a hard-fast rule. With the exit to a major Freeway (GSP), I'm inclined to add it as I'd prefer a chattier app then one that could potentially misdirect.
PleaseDriveFast
Send a message