1. Include the city and state in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. Thank the user who solved the request and mark the thread Solved.

Please note that a higher level editor may choose to fix an unlock request themselves so higher value segments will remain protected at their level.

Forum rules
1. Include the city and FULL state name in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. When completed, THANK the user who solved the request and mark the thread SOLVED.

Level2→L1 Unlock: Michigan, Oak Park, Lincoln Dr

Post by PaulHolm
My Level: 1

Reason for request: Connect several PLRs to Lincoln Dr.

PaulHolm

POSTER_ID:16996680

Send a message

Post by JB15TM
Unlocked.

Do you know what a RevCon is?
https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Re ... nnectivity

Simply, this happens when you take a two-way road and make it one-way. There are embedded turns that go against the grain. You can't see them, but they can cause routing issues. Just to the east, you added some one-way roads. In those cases, you may be able to just use a single two-way segment to represent the parking lot. I can see them because of a highlighting script that's mentioned in the article. It helps us see issues when we scan a map area.
JB
JB15TM
Master Raider
Master Raider
Send a message

Post by JB15TM
Looks good. Glad you joined the GHO. It's much easier to get unlocks and reviews there, rather than the unlock forum. We usually have enough editors on line and many can edit in your area.

Take a look here

This is a trick that you can do with parking lot roads. The intent is to reduce small segments on the main road (especially the mH - green and MH - blue roads). You can make them connect at one node, and just restrict turns (and across). This is only for PLR since you won't normally get cross routes anyway.

If you have toolbox installed, click the elevation button and then go look at the apartments roads.

When you "bridge" to remove nodes, the editor adds an elevation. Since this button is really to create a bridge over another segment. You can also click on a node and then delete it. If the trash can does not highlight, it means the two segments are not similar. Also make sure you have the node clicked and not an actual segment. (so you don't delete a segment by accident - ha.) I've done it.

From now on - just use GHO to ask questions! Take care.
JB
JB15TM
Master Raider
Master Raider
Send a message

Post by PaulHolm
Ready for relock back to level 2. New permalink

I now know everything(?) about RevCons :p. I did a bunch of reading and installed WME ClickSaver, WME Color Highlights, WME Validator (which required finding the validator fix), and WME Place Harmonizer. I found many errors in my work in this area and believe I have corrected all of them.

I believe you were referring to Lincoln Towers Apartments when you suggested simplifying the parking lot. I did some simplification. Let me know what you think, and if you think I should make any further changes. I welcome suggestions and creative criticism.
PaulHolm
Send a message

Post by PaulHolm
So I just installed the WME Toolbox again and got it to work this time.

What a mess. Okay, I fixed the elevation problems and learned my lesson about the bridge icon.

And I will start asking questions in GHO.

Thank you. :)
PaulHolm
Send a message