Castaic California map update help  Topic is solved

1. Include the city and state in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. Thank the user who solved the request and mark the thread Solved.

Please note that a higher level editor may choose to fix an unlock request themselves so higher value segments will remain protected at their level.

Moderators: delilush, SkiDooGuy

Forum rules
1. Include the city and FULL state name in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. When completed, THANK the user who solved the request and mark the thread SOLVED.

Castaic California map update help

Postby ShawSuff » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:28 pm

I am hoping someone can help me with updating a map. Sloan Canyon Rd. from Hasley Canyon is a dirt private road with a locked gate. There is no outlet from Hasley Canyon in Castaic, CA 91384. When traffic is bad on the North 5 freeway, it is routing people through Hasley Canyon. The canyon roads off of Hasley canyon are all private horse properties and the roads are not county maintained. Over Thanksgiving weekend we had thousands of cars trying to get through to the Old Rd and the 5 freeway, which you cannot do from Hasley Canyon. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
ShawSuff

Re: Castaic California map update help  Topic is solved

Postby AquaZR1 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:24 pm

Volunteer map editor here. I just checked the map and Waze should not route people down Sloan Canyon Rd. It is marked as a dirt road at first and then a private rd past that. I've made a modification which should help even more.

Hasley Canyon itself is also set as private further up the road. Not sure if Waze was the culprit over the holiday but I understand your frustration with traffic.

As an FYI I have had Waze route me on the Old Ridge Route road on the East side if I5.

Hope this helps.
[ img ][ img ]
Steve
AM - Southern Central Valley, CA
AM - Kauai, HI
AquaZR1
Area Manager
Area Manager

Return to US Unlock and Update Requests