Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
1. Include the city and state in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. Thank the user who solved the request and mark the thread Solved.

Please note that a higher level editor may choose to fix an unlock request themselves so higher value segments will remain protected at their level.

Forum rules
1. Include the city and FULL state name in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. When completed, THANK the user who solved the request and mark the thread SOLVED.

Level2 Unlock: Massachusetts - Warren

Post by Rather_B_Flying
My Level: 1
Looking to:
Correctly locate the entrance to our business and Identify it as "Laurel Ridge Bed and Breakfast (Sign)"
Correct spelling of "Laural" to "Laurel"
Insert the Street Number "648" into the address of the sign.
If not already done, add a junction at the intersection of Serenity Lane and Southbridge Road.
---and---
Correctly locate the actual Laurel Ridge Bed and Breakfast (facility) at the end of Serenity Lane and assign it street number "1".

Getting these updates on the map will really help our guests find our place on the first try. :-)

https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?env=u ... 72.2603751
---and---
https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?env=u ... 71.6832697
Rather_B_Flying

POSTER_ID:17886367

Send a message

Post by Rather_B_Flying
Thanks so much for your help!

I added website, etc. to the B&B location, and deleted the "sign" location. I'm getting this message: "THESE REQUESTS CAN ONLY BE APPROVED BY AN EDITOR WITH LEVEL 2 OR HIGHER"

Also, reading about junction boxes and the intersection of Serenity and Southbridge is simple, and not what junction boxes are intended for? Will waze understand that this is a valid place to turn on and off of Southbridge?

Thanks again!
Rather_B_Flying
Send a message

Post by Rather_B_Flying
Done. You rock. :-) The house numbers near me are off by about a 1/4 mile. I would like to clean those up this evening. Most appreciated!
Rather_B_Flying
Send a message

Post by RussPA
The update request on both places has been approved, you can see if it all looks correct now. We don't add place pins for signs, so if you remove that one, people who search for that location will be directed to the place pin of the actual facility. You can add phone number, website, and whatever else to the facility place.

Southbridge Road has been downlocked so you can make that final connection.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by RussPA
I've approved both place changes.

Junction Boxes are a tool to solve some problems with big intersections. All you need to do is connect that road you added to Southbridge. If you click and drag the end of that new road until it "snaps" onto Southbridge, you will see two red arrows appear (red means the turn is not allowed). That tells you it's connected. Then just click the arrows to turn them green (meaning that turn is allowed) then savev and you are done. I can do it for you if you'd rather not mess with it and don't really plan to edit much more than this.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
I'll leave that section of Southbridge unlocked if you want to adjust the house numbers. If you would like to keep editing, I would suggest you get into the Discord channel for your area. It's the New England Region, and you can chat with other local editors and ask any questions.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US