Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
1. Include the city and state in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. Thank the user who solved the request and mark the thread Solved.

Please note that a higher level editor may choose to fix an unlock request themselves so higher value segments will remain protected at their level.

Forum rules
1. Include the city and FULL state name in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. When completed, THANK the user who solved the request and mark the thread SOLVED.

Solved: Level2 Update: Danvers Massachusetts

Post by Tademe
My level: Newbie
I created my login to get help getting this resolved.

Requesting a name change to the location which is a cemetery called "Sons of Jacob" in Danvers Massachusetts. It currently displays as "Sons of Jacob of Islam". 1) It is not the name of the cemetery, Waze is the only place this addition has been made and 2) It is a Jewish cemetery, so this is actually an additional source of upset to mourners. It is one in a complex of Jewish cemeteries.

I hope I have correctly submitted this here as a newbie to the system. Everytime I go here with Waze this upsets me. Thank you so much for your help.

This is what appears on Waze right now:
Sons of Jacob of Islam
16 Buxton Rd, Danvers, Massachusetts

https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?env=u ... 341&zoom=6
Tademe

POSTER_ID:17919674

Send a message
Last edited by Tademe on Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by mudge42
I have corrected this mistake. I believe it was a typo on the part of the editor who created the place, with no intent of insult. The JCAM map (here) shows the name as "Sons of Jacob of Salem", and there may have been a typo followed by a spelling checker correction gone wrong.

Our apologies for the unintentional upset caused.

(Please note that it may take 2-3 days for changes to update in the app search. You should also delete search history, as this doesn't update automatically.)
mudge42
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Last edited by mudge42 on Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Tademe
Thanks so much. I am actually at the cemetery right now the sign says sons of Jacob cemetery but I suppose that’s good information that the folks interred here are from Salem. Thanks so much for your help!
Tademe
Send a message