1. Include the city and state in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. Thank the user who solved the request and mark the thread Solved.

Please note that a higher level editor may choose to fix an unlock request themselves so higher value segments will remain protected at their level.

Forum rules
1. Include the city and FULL state name in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. When completed, THANK the user who solved the request and mark the thread SOLVED.

Unlock request in Tacoma, Washington

Post by mcurran000
Hi Editors,

I would like to be able to edit the following object(s). This entire block has been improperly listed as the Convention Center. In the middle of this block is the Marriott Tacoma Downtown, which has nothing to do with the convention center. Because the entire block is locked down to the convention center, a significant number of people trying to navigate to the Marriott Tacoma Downtown are being routed to a nearby Courtyard by Marriott. This is causing DAILY guest complaints and needless anger.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Permalink: https://waze.com/en-US/editor?env=usa&l ... 41.1699086
Reason:
Unlock to level: 1

Thank you in advance,
mcurran000

Post by NJMedic2535
Hello, Mcurran!

Is the Marriott Tacoma Downtown contained within the convention center?
I looked on street view and it appears the boundaries of the convention center area place are correct. And I can't see the hotel.
The block isn't actually locked down, by the way. We can add a point place for the Marriott anywhere, including overlapping the area place.
If you like, add a place for the Marriott in question and share a link to it here. If you've not added places to Waze before your first ten need approval. I'll follow that link and approve the place.
NJMedic2535
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1

Post by mcurran000
Thank you for your reply and sorry for the tardy response on my part.

Unfortunately, street view is two years out of date.  It still shows only the first level of our building under construction.  See the photo of our building I have attached.  Our marquis is showing to the left of the convention center, and our tower is the only tower showing distinct from the convention center.

It looks like the only way for me to add a "place" is for someone to be physically present at the location, which is not possible.  I am located at our corporate office in TX, and the property team does not have Waze and has never used Waze so explaining this to them is like speaking Greek.  They have no idea what to do and have no desire to learn.

How can we go another route to get this fixed?  Our guests are getting rather angry with the Waze app on an almost daily basis because it continues to take them to a completely different hotel, which then forces them to walk over to our property.

https://www.hospitalitynet.org/picture/ ... 121190.jpg

mcurran000

Post by Skulllzzcode
Thank you for the additional information. I have made some changes and added The Marriot Tacoma Downtown to the map. This should be reflected in the map in a few days on rare occasions it can take closer to an week. If this does not solve the problem you can reply here and let us know Thanks!

Skulllzzcode  
Area Manager
Area Manager
Skulllzzcode (4)
AM: NE FL, Peirce CO WA, Mid Central AL, N GA
RTC Area: FL Statewide
https://i.ibb.co/bPVMkp4/Signature.png
Join The SER Discord

Post by NJMedic2535
Thanks for the update, Mcurran!

Thanks for the photo confirmation - I thought I could tell where the Marriott is sitting, but wanted to be absolutely sure.

For future reference - places can be added via the map editor. New editors with less than 10 (we think) place edits will need another editor to 'approve' place additions. This unlock forum is a great place for getting those pending place requests some attention!

Thank you, Skullzcode, for updating things over there!
NJMedic2535
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1