Please follow the following steps so that your unlock or update request can be efficiently processed by a higher-level volunteer editor:
* For Staff-locked objects, see the "STAFF Unlock Requests" section. *INSTRUCTIONS for posting an Unlock or Update request
SAMPLE of a proper request postThis post is a example of a proper Update/Unlock request post
- Include the Level needed, exactly as "Level#" NOTE: there is no space between the Level and the number
- State and city of your Request in the "Subject:" line of your message post. Fully spell out the state name.
Example: Level4 Update: Texas - Dallas
Use "District of Columbia - Washington" for DC
- Provide your editor level (aka rank), even if it included in your signature already
Example: "My Level: 2"
- Provide a short explanation of for your unlock/update request. Please note that a higher rank editor may choose to fix the problem themselves so higher value segments will remain protected at the previous rank rather than granting an unlock.
Example: "These segments need to be restricted to travel because of construction. No traffic is allowed through these segments until January 8."
- Include a permalink to all the segment(s) or other object you need updated or unlocked.
- Select the segment(s) or object you are requesting to be unlocked/updated in the Waze Map Editor
- Copy the Permalink from the bottom-right corner of the editor window
- Paste the Permalink into your post
.Unlock vs. Update
A request to unlock one or more objects implies mentoring. The editor who lowers the locks for you is responsible for your work. He or she will want to coach you if it appears you missed anything. If you will be unable to do the work yourself or would prefer not to be mentored for whatever reason, please submit an update request instead. Once the responding editor has completed the work, you are free (and encouraged!) to inspect it and ask questions.THANK
and MARK SOLVED
When the request or unlock has been completed, click the [ img ]
ThumbsUp icon on the reply from the editor who completed your request, and also click the [ img ]
green checkmark to show that the request has been completed properly.STAFF Unlock Requests
When a segment(s) or object shows as locked by "Staff," no volunteer Waze editor can unlock or update this for you. The only way to get these resolved is to submit a Staff Unlock Request
which is handled by Waze Support staff.If your request hasn't been handled...
If your thread has not been addressed within 2-3 days, do not bump it. Try sending a PM (Private Message) to your Regional Coordinator, or one of the US Country Managers (CM) that are active on this board. Here's the easiest way to do this:
Thank you for your willingness to help make Waze maps even better, and for your patience in working through this "Unlock Request" process.[Contributions to this post are from harling, mapcat, jasonh300, Spil, GizmoGuy411 and AlanOfTheBerg,pumrum,doctorkb]
- Open your thread.
- Click the "PM" button in your info on the right.
- In the "Compose Message" window, click the "X" button next to your name in the "To:" field.
- Type the CM's name into the textbox below that field.
- Click the "Add" button next to that box.
- Add any additional information that you desire (the necessary data will already be there, including a link to the thread and a copy of your post).
- Click the "Submit" button.