Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
1. Include the city and state in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. Thank the user who solved the request and mark the thread Solved.

Please note that a higher level editor may choose to fix an unlock request themselves so higher value segments will remain protected at their level.

Forum rules
1. Include the city and FULL state name in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. When completed, THANK the user who solved the request and mark the thread SOLVED.

Rank 1: Hillsboro, OR

Post by AHjota
There is an update request on NW Imbrie Drive, in Hillsboro OR, that I'm not sure how to respond to.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-122.9 ... TT&env=usa

The reporting user says that Waze routed her to make a left turn off of Imbrie at an intersection without a light, when there is a perfectly fine intersection prior to it with a light.

The suggested turn was the second left after turning onto Imbrie from Cornelius Pass, when the recommended turn should be the first left, after the LA Fitness.

I'm not entirely sure how to deal with this. Both of the cross segments were marked as Parking Lot Roads, and I tried marking the LA Fitness segment as a Street to see if that would effect the desired routing change. It doesn't seem to have done that.

I'm now wondering if its because there are more parking lot road segments to traverse to get to the gas station if you take the first left instead of the second. Would simplifying the roads in this small area solve the issue?
AHjota

POSTER_ID:4270697

Send a message

Post by AHjota
Fair enough. I didn't notice that the user did turn left at that same intersection. :shrug:
AHjota
Send a message

Post by elle-emme
My guess is that she was routed to that intersection because it's physically closer to the Dutch Bros she was going to. I personally wouldn't have a problem being routed to either, and wouldn't call the intersection she was routed to as "difficult and dangerous".

I don't believe anything needs to be done with this UR (*edit - anything as far as editing the map), as the map is correct and the routing valid. The user took the same "difficult and dangerous" intersection on the way out.

My $0.02.
elle-emme
Send a message
-Elle Emme
Area Manager, Portland (OR)/SW Washington Metro area
Now these points of data make a beautiful line/we're out of beta, we're releasing on time...