Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Intersection help plz

Post by Lequs
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 925&zoom=7

I'm thinking this intersection could be simplified to an intersection of Sturgis Rd/W Main with W Main, the branched off part A basic T with a turn road on the left side there. Turning from Sturgis EB right onto W Main.

Probably not a big deal but I'm still not sure on some intersections like this, most of the intersections I deal with are a lot simpler!
Thanks!
Lequs

POSTER_ID:16851795

Send a message

Post by bretmcvey
Just a heads-up I made one minor addition to the Sturgis & W Main St intersection. At two of the at-grade-connectors I've dropped in an extra node and adjusted the angle of entry to help ensure users will be prompted to "Turn Right" at those connectors instead of "Stay Right".
bretmcvey
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Regional Coordinator - Plains Region
Global Waze Champ | Country Manager: USA | State Manager: Nebraska
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... _0M_6c.png

Post by Lequs
Thanks guys! That intersection is now pretty much exactly how I was thinking it should be. I suppose I should know better by now but hate to just go willy nilly deleting and changing stuff if it works. I guess my mind always wants to make this stuff as simple as possible!

As far as that other location to the east a bit. I actually kind of have an idea what is going on there.
It is a military camp "Camp Rapid" with restricted access and such. Naturally their website doesn't have a map for me to look at, only have the state/county maps so working with them. I was trying to get the roads all correct but mostly wanted to get them all set to private due to the area's nature... then in the middle I stopped cause I was honestly falling asleep!

Thanks for all the input guys, I really appreciate it!
Lequs
Send a message

Post by Lequs
Thanks, I either didn't see or saw old information about using the large installation method all the time for now.
Lequs
Send a message

Post by the1who
I have fixed it to the best of what I think it should be. Please review and provide some feedback if you don't mind. I have simplified the extra segments from two to one. IGN used to go around editing places where there were MP's and maybe UR's. The last time they were at this particular intersection was 2012. So things have changed, don't know why they did the split. Either way, I think I have brought it to current standards.

I have this one location that will need your localized expertise here, it is just next to your permalink: https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 413&zoom=6

I don't know what is going on with the extra roads there and the missing road on the S turn road. These were part of the original import, you can tell by the creator and date, admin 2009 is the original map import. They certainly don't match the aerials. I know you might have touched something on them, you were last to edit them, but assume it was Main you were messing with to get associated as they share a junction node. But I don't want to go all blitzkrieg on that area without you providing the feedback that yes they need to be deleted, the extra roads that is, and the missing road fixed. Maybe they have some other things going on that the aerial might not have up to date with.

Ok, look forward to your reply.
the1who
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message
Global and US Champ, USA PLN A/RC Emeritus, Nevada State Manager and US Country Manager
Android Beta Leader
Direct E-mail: vegas.waze@gmail.com

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra - 14.0 | Waze 4.99

Post by the1who
Reference this Wiki for military sites. Only the restricted access entry point would necessarily be needed to be made private road type. Good that you know what is going on there, hope that this Wiki helps in your area to fix it up.... especially since you can fix it since now one has since 2009 import :)

https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Military_installations
the1who
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message
Global and US Champ, USA PLN A/RC Emeritus, Nevada State Manager and US Country Manager
Android Beta Leader
Direct E-mail: vegas.waze@gmail.com

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra - 14.0 | Waze 4.99