St Louis - Yellowstone NP - Mount Rushmore NP -

Moderators: delilush, bretmcvey, ehepner1977, the1who

Re: St Louis - Yellowstone NP - Mount Rushmore NP -

Postby ehepner1977 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:12 pm

MT. Rushmore is hardly worth the price of parking in my opinion. Wall, SD is a neat little tourist town. Badlands NP and Custer SP near Rushmore are far more interesting and less crowded. Not much between Rapid City and Yellowstone, but headed I would suggest coming from the south and driving through Grand Teton NP.
ehepner1977
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

St Louis - Yellowstone NP - Mount Rushmore NP -

Postby ghughe1950 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:49 pm

Looking for information on sightseeing stops, points of interest between St Louis and Yellowstone, and then from Yellowstone to Mount Rushmore and returning to St. Louis. This will be about a 2 week driving trip for four senior adults. We will drive for 6-8 hours at a time and stop along the way daily, with a couple of days at Yellowstone and Mt Rushmore, as needed. Any tips and neat stop overs will be welcome. Thanks in advance.
ghughe1950

Postby Sdtahoe » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:18 pm

Mt Rushmore is worth seeing once, but I think Crazy Horse is better. Also if you like nature a drive through the Badlands, Custer, and Spearfish Canyon is a must.
Sdtahoe
State Manager
State Manager

Postby TowerFire36 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:58 pm

When you get to the Black Hills of South Dakota, I highly recommend driving through Spearfish Canyon when going down to Mount Rushmore!! Beautiful drive with many scenic stops and a few waterfalls!!
TowerFire36

Return to South Dakota