Detour to dirt road from K10 WB

Moderators: delilush, ehepner1977, the1who, bretmcvey

Detour to dirt road from K10 WB

Postby krowlan » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:17 pm

Ok, reported this on the app during travel and was sent to the App support by foobz, who in turn sent me here by a gentlemen named Ron from Waze Routing Support. Just trying to see that no one else has to go that route unless positively need-be.

I was westbound on K10 on Sunday morning and (not going through that area from KC to Lawrence but once in a great while) just followed my Waze suggestions/directions. It strangely diverted me off WB K10 onto NB Edgerton Rd, then WB 95th (which was a dirt road) and finally SB onto Evening Star (which was the next exit off K10) and then back onto WB K10.

When I hit the dirt road I stopped for a second thinking I was avoiding traffic or a wreck but decided to go forth. When I got through the whole 'detour' I realized that was a waste of time and nothing else showed in the app I would've avoided.

Text from Ron- "The detour we suggested was a valid one, Edgerton Rd is marked as a primary street in our editor and all other roads in this detour as well. If you think we should change them to dirt road please post the request to our waze community"

There's my two cents.
krowlan

Re: Detour to dirt road from K10 WB

Postby KC-Guardrail » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:03 am

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'll take a look and let you know what I find.
[ img ][ img ][ img ] [ img ]
Area Manager - Kansas City Metro
KC-Guardrail

Re: Detour to dirt road from K10 WB

Postby KC-Guardrail » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:51 am

I checked the Functional Classification map for Johnson County and it looks like the roads you were routed on were classified incorrectly. I changed them from Primary Street to Street. This should correct the routing problem you were provided. Thanks again for bringing this to out attention.
[ img ][ img ][ img ] [ img ]
Area Manager - Kansas City Metro
KC-Guardrail

Return to Kansas