Kansas Wiki - Alleys

Moderators: delilush, ehepner1977, the1who, bretmcvey

Kansas Wiki - Alleys

Postby starkreiten » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:20 am

I'm sure this was discussed, but I couldn't find anything documented in the forums... so be gentle.

Ref: https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Kansas#Alleys
Alleys are to be mapped since they are sometimes required to access parking lots, businesses, and residences. Alleys are to be the parking lot road type and the name should be set to "Alley."

The usa wiki doesn't even have an alley section... just this ref
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Alley#Parking_Lot_Road_.C2.A0.C2.A0.C2.A0.C2.A0.C2.A0.C2.A0.C2.A0.C2.A0.C2.A0.C2.A0
Parking lots, along with other publicly accessible roads such as alleys that should not be used for traffic routing unless directly at the start or end point of a route.

So, are we to map all alleys in Kansas, regardless?

I've deleted quite a bunch of alleys last year per the usa guidance that were imported from wherever and had never been edited, and I think the map is better for it. I'm not in a high wazer area, but haven't seen a single UR about an unmapped alley.

My thoughts on alleys might go something like this:
Alleys are to be mapped if they are required to access parking lots, businesses, or residences where a point place is needed for proper routing to the address. Alleys are to be the parking lot road type and the name should be set to "Alley."

-Dana
starkreiten(2)
starkreiten
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: Kansas Wiki - Alleys

Postby macawmatt » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:21 am

Any thoughts on this? Added a few in my town tonight per the Kansas wiki page.
macawmatt

Re: Kansas Wiki - Alleys

Postby KC-Guardrail » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:59 am

Only map alleys if they help with navigation. If there are garages off the alley, map them. If they feed parking lots, map them. If it's a dirt track that cuts behind the houses, do not map them.

Basically, if it would help with navigation, we map them. If it's just for the visual, they're not needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[ img ][ img ][ img ] [ img ]
Area Manager - Kansas City Metro
KC-Guardrail

Return to Kansas