Rural driveways

Moderators: delilush, ehepner1977, the1who, bretmcvey

Rural driveways

Postby macawmatt » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:32 am

New here so not sure if we like to throw out the questions here or in the Hangouts, but for today here we go. I live out in rural SE Kansas and looking at getting my neck of the woods up to snuff and trying to be sure I get everything done as wanted. Reading through the Kansas specific wiki and its fun laying that against the general guidance.

So rural driveways, when we get in the country, nothing between miles sections but a house or two, do we do them, regardless of driveway size? So in the pic below we have three house, small house and drive near the top of the map, larger house with circle drive near the bottom, and the house with large barn and trailers on the left side of the map. Do we do them all or just the longer ones? And FWIW, these are all serving single houses.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 399&zoom=5

Thanks.
macawmatt

Re: Rural driveways

Postby KC-Guardrail » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:49 am

My rule of thumb is if you can see the house from the road, a stone's throw away, and the driveway is straight to the house, we don't need them. If they are already there, from the basemap import, it's your call. I usually delete the short ones and leave the longer ones. If the house is not a direct shot from the road, i.e. It's not obvious that the driveway entrance isn't for that house, I map them. There's no hard and fast rule, just use common sense. If a driveway would help get the wazer to the house, map it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[ img ][ img ][ img ] [ img ]
Area Manager - Kansas City Metro
KC-Guardrail

Re: Rural driveways

Postby macawmatt » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:00 am

Alright that makes since.

If you can readily tell what the driveway is for then it doesn't need to be mapped. If the location is a ways back or the destination isn't visible from the road then it offers more of a benefit.
macawmatt

Return to Kansas