Does Anyone Think Yhis Would be Helpful

Moderators: delilush, ehepner1977, the1who, bretmcvey

Does Anyone Think Yhis Would be Helpful

Postby kcavenger » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:52 am

Too many taps to report a road hazard. It maybe me but I can’t get the microphone to take my verbal commands. I press the microphone and all I get are suggestions of verbiage to use.

Yo report a car stopped on the shoulder it’s three taps and in different parts of the screen.

Am I doing something wrong?
kcavenger

Re: Does Anyone Think Yhis Would be Helpful

Postby ehepner1977 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:10 pm

kcavenger wrote:Too many taps to report a road hazard. It maybe me but I can’t get the microphone to take my verbal commands. I press the microphone and all I get are suggestions of verbiage to use.

Yo report a car stopped on the shoulder it’s three taps and in different parts of the screen.

If you long press on the reports button, you can slide your finger over to the correct category. That does minimize the number of taps.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SM: Missouri
ARC: PLN
LC: USA
[ img ][ img ] [ img ][ img ][ img ]
ehepner1977
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Re: Does Anyone Think Yhis Would be Helpful

Postby TheChrisK » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:39 am

ehepner1977 wrote:
kcavenger wrote:Too many taps to report a road hazard. It maybe me but I can’t get the microphone to take my verbal commands. I press the microphone and all I get are suggestions of verbiage to use.

If you long press on the reports button, you can slide your finger over to the correct category. That does minimize the number of taps.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This is exactly how I do it. It is so much easier to report something using the long press and it's less distracting. You can only report hazards, police and traffic with this method which encompasses the majority of reports. Closures and URs still require the tap method.
TheChrisK

Assistant Regional Coordinator: Northwest Region

Local Champ: United States
Country Manager: United States
Multi-State Manager: Montana | Nebraska | Wyoming

[ img ]
TheChrisK
Coordinators
Coordinators

Return to Kansas