UPDATE REQUEST's / MAP PROBLEMS

[ img ]

Moderators: vince1612, popel22, Athannor, pjw65

Forum rules
Welcome to the Switzerland Community forum!

Ask us any question here. Or if you want to chat with us, join the Waze DACH Slack:

[ img ]
(click the image to join the Slack)

Re: UPDATE REQUEST's / MAP PROBLEMS

Postby APCO_P25 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:00 am

vince1612 wrote:Erledigt, danke ;)

Wow, das ging aber schnell :roll:

Danke für die rasche Bearbeitung.
Beste Grüsse

APCO_P25
APCO_P25

Postby lorishuebscher » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:57 pm

E41-E54 zw. Herblingen und Thayngen.
Geschwindigkeitsanpassung Dauerhaft von 80km/h auf 60km/h.

Von Herblingen: Ausfahrt Thayngen Süd (1a Kesslerloch) bis Einfahrt Thayngen (Emdwiesenstrasse, kurz vor Zoll Thayngen/Bietingen) 60km/h. Ab Emdwiesenstrasse wie bisher Ortsgeschwindigkeit vMax 50 km/h bis Zoll Thayngen/Bietingen.

https://www.waze.com/editor?lon=8.70278 ... 240&zoom=4

https://www.sh.ch/index.php?id=316&no_c ... 5e32978305
lorishuebscher

Postby pjw65 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:32 pm

lorishuebscher wrote:E41-E54 zw. Herblingen und Thayngen.

Von Herblingen: Ausfahrt Thayngen Süd (1a Kesslerloch) bis Einfahrt Thayngen (Emdwiesenstrasse, kurz vor Zoll Thayngen/Bietingen) 60km/h. Ab Emdwiesenstrasse wie bisher Ortsgeschwindigkeit vMax 50 km/h bis Zoll Thayngen/Bietingen.

Danke, erledigt, in 2-4 Tagen online.
[ img ]
CM Switzerland
Deutsch und English speaking/writing
pjw65
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby xyzzy7 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:21 am

Hi wazers...apologies for the English.

I think for this (complex) one it's better that I am clear, than practicing my German.

Permalink.

Recently there was a new roundabout added at Herblingen. From a few weeks ago I remember a map comment that someone was asking for more information about this roundabout. Unfortunately I didn't reply at the time, and I only remembered today - the UR is now closed. These are L5 changes, I'm only L2.

I live fairly close and can easily check the situation out if there are any questions.

Two new roundabouts have been built - one on the north and one on the south side of the motorway. One has been added to Waze already (on the south side) but it needs some changes.

I've drawn a diagram showing the changes that I remember...there are quite a few, so it's probably good to fix these and then I or someone can check for any more. Many thanks for any assistance. See notes below the diagram.

[ img ]

Some points to note:
1. The south roundabout is located a bit further north than it is currently in Waze. You can see the construction works on the underlying photo.
2. The street Im Majorenacker does not connect to the south roundabout. Instead it forms a T-junction with Gennersbrunnerstrasse. At this T-junction, the left turn from Im Majorenacker to Gennersbrunnerstrasse is forbidden.
3. There is a slip road on the east side of the south roundabout. This allows northbound traffic on Gennersbrunnerstrasse to bypass the roundabout completely (separate lane, no conflict with traffic on the roundabout). I'm not sure these are shown on Waze or not. If the driver is intending to go to Herblingermarkt, then it is easier/better if they are in the right hand lane and use the slip lane to bypass the south roundabout.
4. There is a north roundabout which is not yet shown on Waze, this needs to be added.
5. Northbound underneath the motorway are two lanes - one exits right into the Herblingen shopping centre. The other lane joins the north roundabout. It's possible to change lane under the bridge (and is required to visit Herblingermarkt if you have exited from the motorway coming from Schaffhausen.
6. Southbound on Gennersbrunnerstrasse, north of the north roundabout, there is a slip road to the right which allows traffic to directly enter the E41-E54 motorway in a westerly direction. This traffic bypasses the roundabout.
7. I need to check (for Im Majorenacker) whether it is possible to turn left when heading north on Gennersbrunnerstrasse - I can't remember.
8. It is possible to turn right into Im Majorenacker when heading south on Gennersbrunnerstrasse.
xyzzy7

Postby vince1612 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:36 am

Hi,

Thanks for the info!

I've made the biggest changes and left these segments L2 so that you can check the turns and change them if needed.
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby xyzzy7 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:54 am

vince1612 wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the info!

I've made the biggest changes and left these segments L2 so that you can check the turns and change them if needed.

Many thanks - it looks great! I made one change to the turns and will hopefully be able to check it all in a day or two when it appears in the app.

Note that there is one slip-road missing - if you head north on Gennersbrunnerstrasse, then at the north roundabout there is a slip-road to the right to give direct entrance to Herblingermarkt (you don't need to drive on the roundabout). But maybe it's not important to include this one?
xyzzy7

Postby vince1612 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:05 am

It leads to a Parking Lot Road so it wouldn't have any effect on ETA and suggested routes for itineraries. Parking Lot Roads are generally destinations and not roads people go through in the middle of their drives to get somewhere else, so it's often best to apply the KISS principle in their case.
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby xyzzy7 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:52 pm

vince1612 wrote:I've made the biggest changes and left these segments L2 so that you can check the turns and change them if needed.
Thanks ... all looks good, and I have now updated the turns in/out of Im Majorenacker now, so they may be locked at a higher level.
xyzzy7

Postby xyzzy7 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:32 am

Hi ... this street is L5.

I think it should have some restrictions as only buses may use this street, see photo below.

Thanks!

[ img ]
xyzzy7

Postby xyzzy7 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:59 am

pjw65 wrote:
lorishuebscher wrote:E41-E54 zw. Herblingen und Thayngen.

Danke, erledigt, in 2-4 Tagen online.

In fact a little bit more needs to be 60km/h also, see red oval in this picture:

[ img ]
xyzzy7

PreviousNext

Return to Switzerland