Join the Discord Channel for Michigan Editors!

Post by zohar760
Want a place where you can get instant feedback on your editing questions and unlock requests? Want a place to talk Waze with the fellow editors in your state? Good news - we've got a place for you to be!

ALL Michigan editors are highly encouraged to join our regional Discord server - it's the best place to connect with the community. For those who cannot access Discord or need to join via Google Hangout, we also have a Hangout that is linked to the Discord server as well. NOTE: by clicking the following link to join a Waze editor Discord Server/Google Hangout, you are acknowledging that you have read, understood, and agree to the Waze Etiquette rules in their entirety.

Discord - Look for: #michigan
zohar760
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

POSTER_ID:17063330

Send a message
https://s.waze.tools/s0050.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/c5s.pnghttps://j.mp/1lkM3dIhttps://wiki.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c1/ ... Tester.png
SM: Michigan
AM: Detroit & SE MI (Wayne/Oakland/Macomb counties) | Marquette County MI

Saving the world - one UR at a time.

Post by Doryphore_6
As of October 1st, the Google Hangout will be further depreciated as a means of communication among Michigan Editors. The future of Hangouts as a platform is uncertain and we cannot predict how long we will be able to maintain the syncing between GHO and Discord.

If you can, please switch to Discord as your primary method of communication in Michigan editing community.
Doryphore_6
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by HeartSurgeom
Dear Waze,
I bring this to your attention because I am 80 years old and do not know how to fix it.

I live in Portage Michigan near Oakland Drive Zip 49024.
  • If I put in 2930 Schippers Lane--- WAZE takes me to Charles Avenue actually to a location where there is no through road to the Schippers address. This week I drove close to the Schippers address and aske WAZE help to finish going down the block. WAZE directed me to TURN AWAY from my destination and drive to Charles Avenue
  • 2nd Problem: Tonight on Sprinkle Road getting on I 94 I wanted to go to the Oakland exit.... (West) but WAZE kept directing me to drive EAST on I 94 toward Detroit.
  • When on I 94 it kept directing me to make a U Turn!
 I would fix these if I could but cannot figure out how. I love WAZE and wanted to make you aware

Thank You
Surgeom
Charles Butler
HeartSurgeom
Send a message

Post by JB15TM
Hi. Thanks for the details.

I found an error on the map. When someone added the private road segment for continuing Schipper Ln to the east of Darling St, they did not correctly set the turns.

Short answer - Waze would never create a route down that street, so Waze would just route you to the nearest segment it could find for the address.

I will check back in a few days once the changes go live. Then I can test a route.

I don't know if you tried this, but if you click the report button from your app, you can leave a report whenever you have a problem (it's the yellow triangle at the bottom right of the app).
JB
JB15TM
Master Raider
Master Raider
Send a message

Post by JB15TM
Hi - I need some help as I look at this closer...

First - for your freeway routing problem, I would first check the location you selected from Waze search. It's possible you clicked a result that was not intended and that's why Waze was routing the wrong way.  I think I saw your report on I-94, but as I mentioned there, we don't get to see all of your route.
Check your history to see if the location was correct that you wanted. If yes, please tell me what you searched and I can test routes.

Second - I cannot find the address for 2930 Schippers Lane. Nothing shows up in county GIS and there are no addresses in GIS for that private segment I mentioned.
When I look at street view, the private segment that extends from the corner of Schippers and Dalton is locked by a gate and does not appear to be a routable road. Maybe there is recent construction there? Street view image is from September 2023, so it's recent.

Where is the correct location for the address 2930 Schippers Lane

Thanks.
JB
JB15TM
Master Raider
Master Raider
Send a message