Hudsonville High School

Post by justdave72
I am a frequent visitor (as a parent) to Hudsonville High School, which is at 5037 32nd Ave, Hudsonville, MI 49426

In the past, the place marker for this school used to be at the front door to the building, which is where the student dropoff/pickup is. Worked well for me because that's usually why I'm there. :-) Sometime shortly after the beginning of this school year, the place marker got moved to the middle of the student parking lot. I figure more than likely there's students using Waze, and they got it moved so it would go where they go. It's on the other side of the building, so the directions to get there are wrong for me because of it, but I know where I'm going anyway, and usually just have Waze on for alerts and not directions for this trip, so no big deal. Someone has to have the convenience, can't always be me...

Or can it? I was recently visiting the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, and when I put in the address, Waze prompted me to ask which parking lot I wanted to go to. If Waze has that kind of association to an address available, is that possible to do this to the school's parking lots? Have it distinguish between visitor parking and student parking for example?
justdave72

POSTER_ID:17037798

Send a message

Post by Doryphore_6
Our place for the high school shows no edits since April 2016. It's highly likely that you could be getting a different search result from one of Waze's alternate data providers. I have just added a parking lot in Waze for visitors in what I hope is the correct location. Please search for Hudsonville High School in the app and be sure to press the search button in the bottom right corner. See if you can see the result for Hudsonville High School - Visitor Parking and let me know if it is in the correct location.

Thanks

Also if you could indicate which of the lots is Student Parking, I will add that as well.
Doryphore_6
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by justdave72
Interestingly, when I search that way, the destination pin that comes up with "Hudsonville High School" by itself is actually where I'm intending to go, and isn't the one that comes up when I pick my saved calendar event for when I have to pick people up there. I'll have to see if I can get it to reassociate that event with the correct location pin.

Anyway, yes, the pin you put on there for visitor parking is the entrance to the main campus visitor lot, so you got that correct. There's a square in the drives approximately half way between the pin you put for Visitor Lot and the pin for Hudsonville Freshman Campus, that's the student parking.

The spot where the Hudsonville Freshman Campus pin shows up is where the visitor parking for Hudsonville Freshman Campus is (the two buildings share the same student parking lot).

Here's the official parking map for the facility:
https://www.justdave.net/HHS_HFC_Parking_Map_sm.png
Looks like the forum software cuts it off, so right-click on it and do "view image" to see the whole thing.

I guess the blue at the top would be "Freshman Campus Visitor Lot", the blue on the right would be "Main Campus Visitor Lot", the yellow at the top would be "North Student Lot" and the yellow at the bottom would be "South Student Lot", or whatever makes the most sense for naming based on that.
justdave72
Send a message

Post by justdave72
Awesome, thanks!
justdave72
Send a message

Post by SkiDooGuy
I added the student and visitor parking lots.

We will need to revisit this once the rest of the parking lot features go live. Make some of the lots private.

As this is a smaller area I see no issue adding them now and fixing later.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 184&zoom=5
SkiDooGuy
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 1
Send a message
Assistant Regional Coordinator: Great Lakes Region
Local Champ: Canada, USA
Country Manager: Canada, USA, Palau
Rank 6 editor

https://i.ibb.co/ZNbYyt5/RIPIain.png

Post by SkiDooGuy