Improper ramp closure on NB US-23

Post by DeafDogo
I'm new, so I hope this is appropriate. The ramp onto NB US-23 from North Territorial Rd (Exit 49, just north of Ann Arbor) is inappropriately marked at closed. Five Mile Road just North of the ramp is indeed closed for the ongoing US-23 construction project. The ramp in question will likely close later this summer, but in the meantime Waze has been rerouting up to the Six Mile road ramp. I don't think I am able to remove the closure.
DeafDogo

POSTER_ID:15086152

Send a message

Post by b0b2
Thanks for pointing this out. The wording on MiDrive is sort of correct, but the graphic shows the ramp as being closed. I say sort of correct, because it describes east and westbound 5 Mile Rd as being closed, but it's not exactly clear what they mean by that since the road does cross US-23.

Can you describe which part of 5 Mile Rd is actually closed?

In the meantime, the ramp is now open, but I'm not sure if the rest of the closure is correct.
b0b2
Send a message

Post by b0b2
Thanks for the intel! It does look like a confusing entrance ramp.

If you see any new closures, you can try to do an in app closure, but those don't stick for long if it's not just a temporary closure. Best to let us know about it by reporting a Map Issue, or you are always welcome to join us in the Michigan Editors' group. Just let me know if you would like more information.
b0b2
Send a message

Post by DeafDogo
Thanks for updating this. Five Mile Rd is closed where it splits off from the ramp (next to the commuter park and ride lot). The map is currently correct and routed me normally this morning. As I learn Map Editor I'll try to keep an eye on this segment of 23 and update as necessary. This confusing and short ramp is notorious for dumping unaware drivers onto 23 at about 45 MPH.
DeafDogo
Send a message

Post by SkiDooGuy
Apologies... I should have caught this.

Thank you guys.
SkiDooGuy
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 1
Send a message
Assistant Regional Coordinator: Great Lakes Region
Local Champ: Canada, USA