Post by trukkurt
I submitted the [ROADWORKS] notice UR at the bridge location. I forgot to include the segment when I permalinked in the UR but I *did* remember to permalink the segment in the Waze Road Closure Form.

I'll get better with the [ROADWORKS] URs as I get practice. :)
trukkurt
Send a message

Post by trukkurt
OK Will do. Thanks!
trukkurt
Send a message

Post by trukkurt
I submitted these three (3) ramp closures via the Waze Closure Reporting System form at 9:40 AM on Mon Aug 11, 2014.

[Edit: I submitted three separate Google forms, one form for each ramp. Dunno if it would be better to submit all three related closures on one form with a single permalink to all three segments.

Also, I'm thinking it would be nice for the reporter to see a readable preview of the report before clicking the "Submit" button.

I might have made a mistake in identifying a ramp, for example. Would be nice if I could see a preview of my report (in easy-to-read format) rather than having to click on each field in the form and move my cursor across the text with my keyboard arrow. Alternatively, perhaps we can view our report after submission and then choose to edit the report.]

==========
FROM: Michigan Dept of Transportation <MDOT@govsubscriptions.michigan.gov>
DATE: Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 2:25 PM

Grand Rapids/Walker

The following closures for full-depth concrete repair and joint replacement will be in place 10 a.m. tomorrow (Monday) through 6 a.m. Thursday, August 14:

A right lane closure on westbound I-96 from the Grand River to Alpine Avenue (M-37).

The ramp from westbound I-96 to southbound US-131 will be closed.

The ramp from westbound I-96 to northbound US-131 will be closed.

The ramp from southbound US-131 to westbound I-96 will be closed.

Detour: Exit westbound I-96 at Alpine Avenue and take eastbound I-96 to northbound/southbound US-131.

Detour: Exit southbound US-131 at Ann Street and take northbound US-131 to westbound I-96.

The work is weather dependent.

Follow MDOT's Grand Region on Twitter at: http://www.twitter.com/MDOT_West

For up-to-date information on this project and others, go to the list of statewide lane closures at: http://www.michigan.gov/drive

Follow MDOT at http://www.twitter.com/MichiganDOT
or http://www.facebook.com/MichiganDOT

John Richard
Michigan Department of Transportation
Communications Representative
Grand Region
1420 Front Avenue, NW
Grand Rapids, Mi 49504

[phone/email contact info SNIPPED]
==========
I submitted John Richard's phone/email contact info in the Waze Closure Reporting System Google form. If you need that info from me, then please send me a PM.

-trukkurt
trukkurt
Send a message

Post by trukkurt
Thanks, davielde!
[quote=davielde]be sure that permalinks are complete and have the segment(s) highlighted, and just copy the existing WME road name for the street name. [/quote]
That seems to mean that, in my case with the three ramps, I was correct to submit three separate forms (one for each ramp) but I should have copied/pasted the ramp name verbatim from WME instead of the description the MDOT email.

I'm also assuming that I'm being directed NOT to submit the [ROADWORKS] UR via the Live Map. I thought I did a pretty good job with the one I submitted today! [emoji6]
trukkurt
Send a message

Post by trukkurt
davielde-

This might need temporary turn restriction adjustments for Friday night into Saturday morning for the off-ramp to on-ramp...etc.

Here is an update InvisiBilldotnet posted to our informational UR at the intersection of I-96 and Alden Nash Ave (Kent County, I think). I don't have permalink handy as I'm posting this with my phone.

" The slide of the new overpass will be occurring overnight beginning Friday, October 10 at 8:00PM. Similar to the demolition of the old overpass, M-50 traffic will be detoured to Segwun and I-96 traffic will be routed over the on/off-ramps. I-96 is expected to reopen 10:00AM Saturday, while M-50 is expected to reopen 5:00AM Monday. http://woodtv.com/2014/10/02/alden-nash ... rt-oct-10/ "
trukkurt
Send a message

Post by trukkurt
According to an MDOT making list email I got today from John Richard, here are the details.

" -M-50 (Alden Nash Avenue) will close over I-96 to slide the new bridge into place 8 p.m. this Friday through 5 a.m. the following Monday. 

-At approximately 9 p.m. this Friday through 10 a.m. the following day, two lanes of eastbound I-96 traffic and one lane of westbound I-96 traffic will exit and re-enter I-96 using the off and on ramps at M-50.  Right turns will be allowed from eastbound and westbound I-96 to M-50.

M-50 Detours:

M-50:  52nd Street, Segwun Avenue and Cascade Road. 

To access southbound M-50 from westbound I-96, Exit I-96 at Nash Highway (Exit 59) and follow Nash Highway north, Grand River Avenue/Cascade Road west, Segwun Avenue south, 52nd Street west to M-50.  To access northbound M-50 from eastbound I-96, follow M-50 south, 52nd Street east, Seqwun Avenue north and Cascade Road west to M-50."
trukkurt
Send a message

Post by trukkurt
Ugh!

davielde-

Got an MDOT email today saying the M-50 (Alden Nash Ave) bridge slide over I-96 is tentatively rescheduled for next weekend due to unexpected equipment problems. :(
trukkurt
Send a message

Post by trukkurt
Let's try this one again... MDOT Email received 10/14/2014

Total closure: M-50 and I-96, Kent County, October 17-20

Bridge slide project in Lowell Township ...snip...

-M-50 (Alden Nash Avenue) will close over I-96 to slide the new bridge into place 8 p.m. this Friday through 5 a.m. the following Monday.

-At approximately 9 p.m. this Friday through 10 a.m. the following day (Saturday), two lanes of eastbound I-96 traffic and one lane of westbound I-96 traffic will exit and re-enter I-96 using the off and on ramps at M-50. Right turns will be allowed from eastbound and westbound I-96 to M-50.

M-50 Detours:

M-50: 52nd Street, Segwun Avenue and Cascade Road.

To access southbound M-50 from westbound I-96, Exit I-96 at Nash Highway (Exit 59) and follow Nash Highway north, Grand River Avenue/Cascade Road west, Segwun Avenue south, 52nd Street west to M-50. To access northbound M-50 from eastbound I-96, follow M-50 south, 52nd Street east, Seqwun Avenue north and Cascade Road west to M-50. To access westbound I-96, follow posted detour to on ramp at Cascade Road. To access eastbound I-96, follow posted detour to on ramp at Nash Highway.

-Project website: http://www.Michigan.gov/bridgeslide

-Project video:

...snip...

For up-to-date information on this project and others, go to the list of statewide lane closures at: http://www.michigan.gov/drive

...snip...

John Richard
Grand Region
1420 Front Avenue, NW
Grand Rapids, Mi 49504

...snip... (I snipped his contact info to help protect him from spammers/harvesters.)
trukkurt
Send a message

Post by trukkurt
Thanks! Before I saw your reply here I submitted Google forms, one for Alden Nash and the other for eastbound I-96. (Only one lane of westbound I-96 will be diverted to the off-ramp...and I guess the other westbound lane will remain open.)
trukkurt
Send a message

Post by trukkurt
Here's ANOTHER set of closures TONIGHT I received MDOT email this morning about...

I'm sorry I do not have link handy at this computer for the Google closure report form.

Ramp/Lane closures: I-96 at M-50, Kent County, October 15-16

(I snipped parts of the message.)

Lowell Township

The following closures for ramp resurfacing will be in place 9 p.m. tonight (Wednesday) through 5 a.m. tomorrow:

-The on ramp from M-50 (Alden Nash Avenue) to eastbound I-96 will close. Detour- Head east on Cascade/Grand River Avenue and south on Nash Highway to eastbound I-96.

-The off ramp from westbound I-96 to M-50 will close. Detour: Exit at Nash Highway (Exit 59) and head north, then west on Grand River/Cascade Road to Alden Nash Avenue.

-Right lane closures on eastbound and westbound I-96 at M-50.

The work is weather dependent.

John Richard
Grand Region
1420 Front Avenue, NW
Grand Rapids, Mi 49504

Here's a link to the web page of details about these closures.
trukkurt
Send a message