I-94/US-127 Bridge Repair in Jackson through Summer

Post by davielde
Here is the link to the MDOT page for construction on the bridge from US-127 to I-94 (eastern interchange).

Construction started Monday, March 10, and some of the ramps have been closed through August (permalink). Could we please have the assistance of a rank 5+ editor to help edit the construction zone? Reading this detail, I believe that the three ramp segments from the permalink are the only ones affected, but I could be wrong. We also missed the initial night closures for I-94 while the bridges were demolished, so no worries there about adding timed restrictions on the freeway ;)

There is currently a UR that tipped me off to this: "127 ramp n to 94, 94 ramp to 127 s, closed all spring and summer"
davielde

POSTER_ID:16797636

Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
CM: USA
SM: Michigan, Vermont
AM: Ann Arbor, MI & Thunder Bay, ON
WME Michigan

Post by davielde
The changes have been made according to my reading of MDOT's page.
davielde
Send a message
WME Michigan

Post by davielde
sketch wrote:Would you like me to disconnect the ramps?
You can disconnect the two ramps if you think that it's appropriate. Since construction is only for a few months, and since the Road Closure page mentions it as a last resort, I didn't initially disconnect them.

I forgot to include that little segment on the NB ramp with my Unlock request, so I also did not make any change there. That's a township boundary, which is why the junction even exists.

In addition to adding segment restrictions, the changes were made to disable turns on 3/17, but I notice that we are now getting a red MP for the NB ramp. Any thoughts there? At least eight drives through the restricted turn seems extreme for a change in place for a few days. I'm not in a position to drive that way to check it, but unless a small section of the median was paved to allow for a temporary u-turn prior to the bridge (or a handful of construction users are using Waze 8-) ), I would imagine that the NB ramp to I-94 W would be blocked where it diverges from the other ramp going to I-94 E.

Northbound US-127 motorists heading for westbound I-94
will be detoured to eastbound I-94, then directed to the
Sargent Road/I-94 Business Loop (BL) interchange back to
westbound I-94.
davielde
Send a message
WME Michigan

Post by davielde
Apparently if your destination was close enough (in this case, Michigan Ave just south of the interchange), the restrictions were not working. I just disconnected the two ramps after getting a new UR.
davielde
Send a message
WME Michigan

Post by sketch
Would you like me to disconnect the ramps?
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
If the restrictions are working, and it seems that they are, then no worries. Cool.

I wouldn't worry about the MP. MPs aren't always right, and it's possible they're just using old data.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
Got it. Yeah, the Wiki says "last resort", but in reality for any long-term closure a disconnection is the only way to guarantee that the closure will work, so it becomes the general practice in practice. But we're still gonna promote it as a "last resort" so Joe McEditor(1) doesn't go around disconnecting roads without taking steps to ensure that it'll be reopened when the time is right.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message