Central Berrien and Western Cass County

Post by hitfactor
I was a bit overzealous editing the map and started to enter quite a bit of unnamed road segments. I also created a number of parking lots that did not conform to the standard. It looks like someone has cleaned most of those lots up for me - thanks.

I have learned what I did wrong and have cleaned a lot of what I did. My problem is I'm at level 1, but when I made the bad edits I was at level 2. So I can't get to these locations any longer.

If you can help in this area, you will find I traced several driveways that shouldn't have been entered. So the best solution will be deleting them. In some cases you might determine the driveway should stay. Please check all of the turn restrictions and road types. Like I mentioned above, I went faster than my knowledge of the standard.

What's the best way to reach out to others who may be able to fix what I've done?

Should I make a list of roads with the bounding intersections? How about several permalinks?
hitfactor

POSTER_ID:16902736

Send a message
Last edited by hitfactor on Tue May 13, 2014 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by davielde
hitfactor wrote:What's the best way to reach out to others who may be able to fix what I've done?
It looks like miked_64, who is an Area Manager for that area, as well as our Regional Coordinator GizmoGuy411 have both seen this. In the short term, reaching out to miked_64 or anyone else with rights to the area could help get it cleaned up if you don't currently have access. I'd also like to throw out the idea of something that we're just starting in the US called "Mentoring". Depending on progress, that may offer the ability to rise through the ranks a little differently than just based on edit counts. I know that they just raised the bar to rank 3 to 25k edits, but there is a specific goal as part of the mentorship program that involves learning what it takes to be rank 3 and/or an Area Manager. For more information, check out this post: viewtopic.php?f=129&t=85611

Just to throw it out there, this program is *really* new. I signed up to be a mentor (and am currently a mentee myself right now as well), but I'm not mentoring anyone yet... I still need to legitimately earn the owl!
davielde
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
CM: USA
SM: Michigan, Vermont
AM: Ann Arbor, MI & Thunder Bay, ON
WME Michigan

Post by GizmoGuy411
Thank you for your public post.

I will be replying to you in detail soon via a PM.
GizmoGuy411
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

U.S. based Global Champ Emeritus
U.S. Local Champ
U.S. Country Manager
U.S. Great Lakes ARC: IL, IN, MI, OH, WI
(and past GLR RC)
AM: NW OH, NE IN, SE MI
Wiki Profile
Verizon: Google Pixel XL3 & iPad "3"

Post by hitfactor
As I work to clean up my edits I noticed that when deleting a segment I should not have created in the first place - the node stays.

Should I try deleting the node and then stretch the road segment out? Do extra nodes clutter or cause problems?
hitfactor
Send a message

Post by jdeyoung
If you click on the node and press delete, the node should be deleted and the road "rejoined". It does leave a "geometry" node behind, but the junction node is gone. You can highlight geometry nodes on a road and press 'd' to delete them as well. Extra geometry nodes don't matter for routing, but keeping things tidy allows the client rendering to run as simply as possible between nodes.
jdeyoung
Answers: 2
Send a message