Map Editing Issues

Post by KaylaPowellMeow
Hey there! I'm completely new to this (not new to Waze, but to editing) so please excuse my ignorance. I recently reported (in app) an issue with the driving directions to my daughter's school. The building is not new, but it was just repurposed over the past year for use as a high school (formerly a Naval armory), so I don't know if that's affecting the route or what, but the directions try to send me straight (into a residential area) at an intersection where a left turn should be made in order to reach the front of the school.

Waze replied via email, asking for more information. The wanted the destination exactly as I entered it (3010 N. White River Parkway East Drive). When I follow the link the sent, there's really nowhere to provide further info, so I attempted to make the edit on my own. No dice. Trying again now from my PC, but just getting a swirly circle when I try to go into editing. I would just like the map/driving directions to reflect this left turn so I can get a more accurate drive time. Thanks in advance to anyone who can lend a hand!
KaylaPowellMeow

POSTER_ID:17598219

Send a message

Post by KaylaPowellMeow
I noticed a couple of days ago that the adjustment was made, so I’m a happy camper! Thanks so much for reaching out!
KaylaPowellMeow
Send a message

Post by phoenixhawke
Hi KaylaPowellMeow!
Welcome to the map editing community!
I'm a state manager for Indiana and would be happy to help you out.
Sorry for the slow response, just saw this post.

A first helpful tip would be to include a permalink with any requests for help:
(see how to get one here:

That said I believe I found the location you are referring to here:
https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?env=u ... 011&zoom=7

Assuming that is the correct location I just added a couple of parking lot roads and made some additional adjustments that should help. Please give it a couple of days and try again and let me know if this resolves your issue.

Thanks!
Brian/phoenixhawke, IN SM
phoenixhawke
Send a message
PhoenixHawke R5 IN State Manager