State Highway Naming

Post by the1who
Hello everyone in IA. I want to propose this as this is the direction I see Waze going to support states that use this particular naming method for their states. Not all states adhere to this, such as Kansas where it is simply "K-XX" but MN and MO in particular to what I know firsthand knowledge of refer to their state highways as "Minnesota 100" or "Missouri 7" and so forth. I propose, that we come to agreement to utilize this feature of TTS in Waze to output IA-5 as 'Iowa 5' and other state highway names instead of SH-5 or SR-5 or State Hwy 5 as examples. This is the direction I personally would like to see IA go in for not only state recognition for travelers but it will slim down the text in the navigation bar and be uniform for the whole state instead of some pockets being State Hwy 5. SR-5 works fine too, but from Wiki of IA State Highways, they are implied as Iowa XX, we can match that with Waze TTS as well now.
the1who
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

POSTER_ID:872208

Send a message
Global and US Champ, USA PLN A/RC Emeritus, Nevada State Manager and US Country Manager
Android Beta Leader
Direct E-mail: vegas.waze@gmail.com

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra - 14.0 | Waze 4.100

Post by bretmcvey
I've begun updates in SW Iowa as well as south central Iowa and a handful in the NW. Don't forget to tweak ramps that mention the highway as well.
bretmcvey
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Regional Coordinator - Plains Region
Global Waze Champ | Country Manager: USA | State Manager: Nebraska
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... _0M_6c.png