West Des Moines, IA S. 50th St re-construction.

Post by collnet
Greetings, South 50th Street from Mills Civic Parkway to E.P. True parkway is marked closed completely. The are actually two phases of closures being implemented such that those that live in the area are able to get in/out of their neighborhoods. I'd like to have S. 50th unlocked such that I can update as they change. That said, immediately, the following closures need to be removed from this. South 50th from Hawthorne Dr. to Raintree Drive is fully open. Vehicles can access 50th from both the east sides and west sides of Hawthorne as well as Raintree (both east/west) and can drive on the area in-between. (my only route in/out from where I live). Oddly, Uber drivers and delivery folks are having trouble finding us right now as the maps currently show no way in/out. If possible, please unlock and I'd be happy to keep up with the changes for the project (expected to run until Mid-November)
collnet

POSTER_ID:17154523

Send a message

Post by bretmcvey
I'll be happy to assist with this. Setting an RTC (Real-Time Closure) that has the visible orange/white lines in the app is something that is reserved for L3 and higher editors. We have a Google Hangout where you can ping closure/unlock requests if you're interested. Using the hangout also help get you ramped up in terms of editing best practices and other editors help out so you can level up and learn along the way.

If that would appeal to you please shoot me a direct message with the email you prefer to associate with Waze. There's an array of different editors who can typically assist with a request much faster than when things are posted to the forums.

Best regards!
bretmcvey
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Regional Coordinator - Plains Region
Global Waze Champ | Country Manager: USA | State Manager: Nebraska
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... _0M_6c.png

Post by bretmcvey
I've gone ahead and cleared the closure on S 50th from Raintree to Hawthorne, so navigation should hopefully be better for you. Let me know if there are any areas of 50th St where the intersections are fully closed. Currently traffic at any point along the closure could travel through (there wasn't any data originally regarding intersections being fully closed).

If you can relay that information we can do a much better job blocking potential routing into a closed intersection.
bretmcvey
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Regional Coordinator - Plains Region
Global Waze Champ | Country Manager: USA | State Manager: Nebraska
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... _0M_6c.png