Person keeps stealing edits.

Post by Inactive user -1697532064-
Have you tried to message dangottschalk about this? You can do that by clicking here, and I bet that dangottschalk, as a state manager for Iowa, would be open to communication.
Inactive user -1697532064-
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

POSTER_ID:17169121

Send a message
Galaxy S20 FE on Mint
Retired SM Ohio
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
-John 8:32

Post by bretmcvey
I've already spoke with Dan about this editor. There was no ill intent and the only thing Dan could have done in the future to improve things would have been converting the area places into a point rather than removing and re-doing.

Dan reached out to editor in an attempt at bringing them up-to-speed on proper guidance, but the editor didn't respond and may not have read that communication.

It's extremely common for a new editor to have their edits revised or touched-up depending on whether or not issues were noticed by a more experienced editor.

At the time of this posting IAUberRob appears to have deleted their account. In the off chance Rob happens to see this posting, please reach out to me directly as we can always use more editors, BUT we need to bring you up-to-speed with proper guidance. The attitude isn't necessary as this is a team effort to improve the map and updates are being made constantly to achieve this.
bretmcvey
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Regional Coordinator - Plains Region
Global Waze Champ | Country Manager: USA | State Manager: Nebraska
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... _0M_6c.png

Post by hmarian
@IAUberRob - I had to delete your post because you are using abusive language. Please tone it down and use language that is appropriate for everyone in this forum.
hmarian
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message

Device: Samsung Galaxy S20+
Waze Version: 4.90.90.901
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Greater Toronto Area, Buffalo (NY), Binyamina (Israel)
Android/WME Beta Tester
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Editing Manual | Editing Best Practice | @Waze_Canada

Post by vince1612
As I've been merging all your messages across the general forum about this same issue into this single thread I thought I'd leave a comment.

This should be handled by the US community but for what it's worth I took a look at the area where you edited and in all the closed URs I found dangottschalk to be very friendly and helpful in all of his communications with Wazers. No problems there.

There is indeed something strange regarding the places you created according to your user profile which is that anywhere it says you added a place it seems to have been deleted and replaced by one edited by him and sometime it will be locked lvl 2 or 3 (even saw lvl 3 lock on a pharmacy) :/

So that second part is odd indeed, but seeing how this editor acts in URs, I am confident that any issue you had with him could have been resolved by getting in touch with him as it was suggested for you to do earlier. You never mentioned if you did that or not...

All that being said, for now it's just safer to assume that as a new editor you may have thought you were doing correct edits which were not really correct and needed to be edited. However if that was the case there should have been an effort made on the editor's part to contact you about it instead of just deleting, re-creating and locking, the only way it would have been valid for him to do that is if you have been unresponsive, un-cooperative or unwilling to follow editing rules.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png