Strange Routing

Post by sixthdimension
I've driven this many times and it never fails to route this way. Why doesn't it route without that right turn, just straight through and left onto Welcome Way? I've already checked turn restrictions and they're all enabled.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... TTTFTTTFTT
sixthdimension
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:6977538

Send a message
Attachments

Post by CBenson
Thought this looked familiar. Seems its been a problem for awhile. http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21407
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by ncc1701v
txemt wrote:I did see a few revcons that I fixed, too.
More than most people, I believe that revcons cause problems. I look forward to seeing if this is fixed when the update goes in.
ncc1701v
Send a message
... and the "v" is for Volvo.

Post by sixthdimension
Good idea, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sixthdimension
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by sixthdimension
Yeah, it turns into a US highway.
sixthdimension
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by sixthdimension
txemt wrote:
sixthdimension wrote:Yeah, it turns into a US highway.
So. That has nothing to do with the question at hand. The major highway is split for awhile where there is no reason for it to be split. There's no center median (don't remember if there's a suicide lane), so the rules of the road should be that it's unsplit for that short distance (I'm thinking roughly a mile, but no more than 2) then split back again.
The road comes together just south of E 59th St and then splits again just north of E 65th St. The distance there is only half a mile. Since the road has been that way since it was created in 2009, I feel like we may cause more problems than we solve by changing it, but I'll leave that up to you.

"Regardless of whether you're splitting or unsplitting, remember that you might cause more problems than you solve and you might have to put it back the way it was before."http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Best ... _not_to.29
sixthdimension
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by txemt
I turned the left turn off from 55th to Welcome Way. In looking at it, it looks a little redundant. I was also looking at the business on that corner and thought...if I were leaving those businesses to continue west, there is a 90% chance I'd come back to the primary street instead of going up and over.

I did see a few revcons that I fixed, too.
txemt
Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.

Post by txemt
Any idea why Brady is split to the north?
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
sixthdimension wrote:Yeah, it turns into a US highway.
So. That has nothing to do with the question at hand. The major highway is split for awhile where there is no reason for it to be split. There's no center median (don't remember if there's a suicide lane), so the rules of the road should be that it's unsplit for that short distance (I'm thinking roughly a mile, but no more than 2) then split back again.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....if it's not causing problems, then I guess leave it. I'm not going to touch it, not my area of responsibility.
txemt
Send a message