Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

NE DOT FC

Post by the1who
Here is a link to their website containing their DOT FC maps.

http://www.transportation.nebraska.gov/ ... y-maps.htm
the1who
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

POSTER_ID:872208

Send a message
Global and US Champ, USA PLN A/RC Emeritus, Nevada State Manager and US Country Manager
Android Beta Leader
Direct E-mail: vegas.waze@gmail.com

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra - 14.0 | Waze 4.99

Post by the1who
Thanks Bret, I couldn't have said it better there. I am merely providing the stepping stone. I can't go and get every single resource, besides FC maps, I do want to express that editors also get familiar with GIS maps, mainly for the explicit purpose to confirm details that even more popular map products may get wrong. What I mean is, naming conventions for roads, house/parcel numbers for addresses, etc.

But mainly I was trying to provide the direct link to those working in the Plains region with the direct state resource for a FC map to use. As you have stated, I'd like to see in this region, those gravel roads that are considered collector types, to match a primary street. It has been expressed that either dirt or primary street type get treated the same. My goal is to provide the clear concise information on the map for users. These roads span between county lines, from town to town, and are main thoroughfare of travel between such rural towns. Hence why I am pushing for the use of them as such, matching the Road Type Wiki conversion chart as well in this case.

Until we are provided an attribute checkbox for a dirt road or other road variances, the road types will be matched to the FC as the Wiki states. It will be now for us to convince the powers that be to provide us with some extra tools. We have mentioned it to them, they have taken our feedback. Right now we just need to use what we have.

Thanks again for the extra contributions Bret.
the1who
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message
Global and US Champ, USA PLN A/RC Emeritus, Nevada State Manager and US Country Manager
Android Beta Leader
Direct E-mail: vegas.waze@gmail.com

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra - 14.0 | Waze 4.99

Post by rickh7
I suspect you will need to "sell" more of the level 4+ rank editors, the champs, and so forth before you have a viable chance of getting Waze to implement. But, you never know what is going on, behind the scenes.

For what it's worth, I'd vote for it.
rickh7
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Enjoying my Waze time, looking for additional ways to help.
USA Plains; Nebraska, Missouri; Lincoln
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png