Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Hi from MaHaOmaHa

Post by MaHaOmaHa
Hello local users. My name is Marc and I have been a waze consumer for about 6 months. I have opened the editor about once a month and then promptly forgotten about it, but have tried to make a few adjustments or at least tell someone else who can. Thank you for all your contributions, my Waze experience has been great around Omaha compared to some other nearby cities (but nothing horrible anywhere so far).

I'd appreciate any feedback if you find it necessary to correct my edits.

Thanks!

Marc H
MaHaOmaHa

POSTER_ID:17081257

Send a message

Post by bretmcvey
Hi Marc! I'm Bret another editor based in the Omaha area. There's a good chance if you've posted a UR (user report) I've probably fielded it or one of the other state managers may have as well.

If you have a certain question regarding any edit in particular just let us know. You can highlight a Waze Place or a road segments (or multiple segments) and press the chainlink icon in the lower right of the Map Editor. That generates a permalink and lets use quickly take a look at an area or something specific that you've been working on in case you need it double-checked.

Waze Wiki: https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Getting_Started

One other recourse we use are Google Hangouts. We have one specific to Nebraska as well as one for Iowa in case you cross the border for any editing. I'm happy to add you in just send me a private message and an email address you use with Google. We use it for feedback, requesting help, tipping off when closures are taking place, etc. Hangouts also gives you the option to mute it for when you don't have a particular need for the conversation at hand.

There's plenty to learn, but if you have questions about how something works or if you have a particular focus regarding things you'd prefer to edit just let us know.

Welcome!
bretmcvey
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Regional Coordinator - Plains Region
Global Waze Champ | Country Manager: USA | State Manager: Nebraska
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... _0M_6c.png

Post by herrchin
Greetings Marc! Welcome!

If your Waze experience in the "nearby city" of Lincoln was not-so-great, be sure to let me know :)
herrchin
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by rickh7
herrchin wrote:Greetings Marc! Welcome!

If your Waze experience in the "nearby city" of Lincoln was not-so-great, be sure to let me know :)
Lincoln, it's that "village" just down the highway. I hang out there too.

Welcome Marc.
rickh7
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Enjoying my Waze time, looking for additional ways to help.
USA Plains; Nebraska, Missouri; Lincoln
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png

Post by TheChrisK
Hello! I haven't seen your name pop up in any segments that I've seen (which is good). My biggest recommendation is to read the wiki. Read the map editing guide and the Nebraska wiki especially.

A few things I've learned from other editors here:

1. Simple is better, don't draw every single parking lot lane for example.

2. Walking trails. Just say no.

3. Learn the angles in regards to turn commands, keep commands... it's good to know how the TTS works as it pertains to the road geometry.

4. When in doubt, read the wiki or ask a mentor. Bretmcvey has been a great help in teaching me the essentials in Waze map editing.

Sent via smoke signals
TheChrisK
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
TheChrisK

Country Manager: United States