herrchin's recommended Scripts / Extensions

Post by herrchin
I made a list of (most) of the scripts and extensions that I use, how essential I feel they are (so new editors can get into scripts slowly by using the highest-impact ones first), categorized them, and provided install/forum links (research on this was useful, as I found I had some old scripts that weren't auto-updating such as JAI [better check yours!]). Table is sort-enabled.

Did I miss any of your favorites? Other feedback?

https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/User:Herrchi ... ME_scripts
herrchin
Country Manager
Country Manager

POSTER_ID:17097078

Send a message

Post by dude463
I'd say that JAI isn't a 1 priority. More of a 2 like HN Tools. Extremely helpful when you need it but not critical.

I'd put the WME Chat Add-on to 1. It's the first thing I tell newbs to install.

I prefer WME Speeds over WME Color Speeds, but that's personal preference.

I find Open WME In GMM a useful script. Maybe 2 or 3. Probably not for the novice user.
dude463
Send a message
First I learned how to draw lines on a map. Now I must learn the art of Feng-ShWaze.

Post by herrchin
I put JAI as a 1 due to it being important to build an understanding of the various forms of verbal instruction, and how the editor controls it. Level one editors can easily be interacting with sub-45-degree angles in residential Street areas. I'm surprised it's not built-in to WME yet :)

WME Chat as a 1 is strong point; modified accordingly.

I wasn't familiar with WME Speeds (so many SL plugins!). I added as an option.

I purposefully avoided Google crossover scripts such as ones that open the current view in GMM or Google Maps since they might encourage using unauthorized data sources.
herrchin
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message