Switch to full style
Post a reply

Nebraska roads labled as No City, Iowa

Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:46 pm

No posts in the Nebraska sub-forum? What's up with that? Wazers must be out watching Husker pre-season workouts...

So, just a comment - I've noticed several roads in my area listed as No City, Iowa. Some of these were created by "admin", so I assume they were part of the original import.

So far they're all dirt roads (though marked as "Street"), but they are a good 10-20 miles from the Iowa border. It's bizarre. I'm fixing them up in the WME. Plenty of dirt roads around here, so I expect my # edits to climb quickly. :D

Re: Nebraska roads labled as No City, Iowa

Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:05 pm

The "no city" isn't the issue Boidster was having. The incorrect state was more the problem. I've seen this issue in a variety of places. Eastern Nebraska has been very bad in terms of many private roads and unnamed streets being labeled as "Iowa" for the state instead of Nebraska. There's also times when creating a new road segment will default to the incorrect state as well.

I've also run into a couple of occurrences of landmarks auto-populating in Iowa as having a country type of Canada and not United States.

Can't recall any good fix for the issue as I know there are others in the past that have expressed they've encountered similar issues in their own state/area.

Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:23 pm

It's a pain, but a known issue, just stay sharp on it though. Thanks for putting in the hard work!

Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:37 am

A tip, if you aren't already using WME Toolbox, search and install the add-on. You can use it to select roads, and target them en-mass such as selecting all roads with no name for the street/city but Iowa as the State. Once selected, you can updates and save them all. Typically private driveways are the most notorious Iowa invaders into Nebraska.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:38 am

It happens in a variety of weird locations and many that are some distance from the state line.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:46 am

While those segments are selected, you can also set the direction to two-way.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:15 am

I don't think I've seen a state border line that didn't have some state smudging going on. As Jemay said, it's from the import, just fix it and call it points.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:35 am

I noticed today that a PLR I made just outside Lincoln, NE defaulted to Iowa. Only caught it because it threw an error on save. That was a new one for me.

Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:34 pm

For future editors who land on this topic, the Validator plugin for Nebraska that I whipped up will highlight the pesky NE roads tagged as Iowa. Make sure to use my recommendations for checkboxes to ensure you get the highlight. https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/14878-wme-validator-localization-for-nebraska

Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:54 pm

Having no city is ok when you are not in a city proper.
When you edit a segment you will notice the check box with "None" by it, and that will show "No city" (when not in edit mode for that segment), or are you seeing "No City" as the city name (with the box unchecked)?
Post a reply