We are proud of the current communication style within the community and would like to preserve it going forward to ensure we keep having a happy and functional community as we grow.
We’ve outlined our communication guidelines below, detailing the kind of expression that’s okay, and the kind of content that is considered abusive and may result in suspension.
The Waze community is always respectful and considerate of each other.
- - Our community is diverse and that may come across in our conversations with one another. At times we may disagree. What’s important is to maintain an atmosphere of civility and respect so that all voices (and yes, opinions) may be heard. Disagreements with others are okay; just remember to express your thoughts reasonably and politely.
- Flame, insult, or threaten other members (even as a joke)
- Post or share personal information about others (i.e. name, address, email, phone number, etc.)
- Publicly post or share private discussions with other users or staff (unless the sender has given you permission to do so). Private discussions are intended to be just that - private.
- Post copyrighted material
- Post or link to sexually explicit content
- Post hate speech (including slandering or vilifying a particular race, religion, ethnic group, gender, sexual preference, or sexual identity)
- Post religious, political, and other “prone to huge arguments” threads
- Post links to phishing sites or spam
- Solicit, beg, auction, sell, advertise, or refer
- Promote or link to exploits, cheating programs, or any other sort of illegal activity
- Impersonate a Waze employee
- Our community members never do the following (including in external links):
We take the actions above pretty seriously and some of them are severe enough to result in immediate, temporary, or permanent suspension of posting privileges (even without prior notification!). Serious or sustained offenses can result in the suspension of the user's forum account.
The Waze Team