The "State Manager (SM)" community role was established for the USA in July of 2014.
SM duties include the following, but are not limited to:
- SM will have editing rights in their entire state.
- They will make sure Unlocks/Updates related to their state are addressed timely.
- They will work with editors on issues that are related to editing and other issues as they arise.
- They will maintain and update a closures list / wiki (if necessary) for their state..
- They will Maintain/Update/Lead the Waze Forum State Page. They can monitor the forum, post updates, keep enthusiasm about state discussions going, and help keep the RC informed.
- They will help inform editors about existing policy and helps evolve that policy based upon their work within a state.
- They will identify key areas in their state.
- SM will identify the good and the bad editors
- Keeping RC (and local Champ where available) informed with good and bad editors (Basically the RC's would like to get the SM's opinion on an editor)
- Keeping an eye on newer editors throughout the state and educate them by mentoring them informally or formally.
- The SM position could be a mature Rank 4, although a Rank 5 would be preferable to best handle more requests.
- This role is not the same as AM with a larger area. There is a much greater community involvement with this role.
- There could be multiple SMs for a state..
- If state is too small to have their own SM, then a neighboring SM would manage that state.
- SM roles will be assigned by RCs with Champ endorsement
Edited on 2014-08-05:
- This role is a prerequisite to becoming a Country Manager (CM).
Experienced Rank 4 editors must seek endorsements from other SMs or by R5 and above editors for consideration to become an SM from their RC.
Experienced Rank 5 editors and above may directly request consideration to become an SM from their RC.
State Manager Wiki Page: https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/State_Manager