False Permanent Construction Hazard

Post by rhofr
244 days ago (as of 9/25/2015) a seemingly permanent construction hazard was posted by user "ID DOT" on I-15 near permalink https://www.waze.com/livemap?zoom=14&la ... -112.34241. Construction was completed there about 90 days ago, so I first tried to PM the user and found that the user ID no longer exists. Next, since I am a WAZE editor, I reached out to other editors in the chat room and was informed that no editor of any level can cancel a hazard. I then reached out to the Idaho Department of Transportation at Boise and was told that there is no current relationship between Idaho DOT and WAZE. They could only suggest that maybe their 511 services vendor, who provides services to several states and does provide an automated feed to WAZE for some states (not Idaho), may have set up the hazard as a demonstration. Bottom line, the hazard message still exists, but the construction is long-gone. Does anyone know how to get it removed?
rhofr

POSTER_ID:17129618

Send a message

Post by rhofr
The gentleman from the Idaho Department of Transportation reached back out to me and reported he had researched it further and found that Idaho DOT was considering a feed to WAZE, but that the only current integration was that WAZE was consuming and trying to interpret data from the Idaho 511 traffic system. Unfortunately there is not succinct enough data in the 511 system to give accurate locations for where the messages should really be posted, so the WAZE makes assumptions based on mile-markers vs. cities. This will continue to be a very imperfect approach (off by 8 miles in this situation) until better integration occurs.
rhofr
Send a message