Reporting rogue editors

Post by PowIdaho
Howdy - how is the best way to report rogue map editors? Have one editing the Star area in Idaho.

Don't want to cause him problems, just want to get him on board with the standards.
PowIdaho

POSTER_ID:16036996

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
First, have you tried PMing them yourself?

If they haven't read/responded or aren't being receptive, then there are a few options...
1) Find a local Area Manager
2) Find your Regional Coordinator (hint: you've just found him)

PM the person of your choice (either AM or RC) examples of their editing & explain (with some detail) what you think is wrong with their edits. Then that person will look into it, and take appropriate action - usually PMs first, and if that doesn't work, we can do other things to get their attention.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AndyPoms
RapidPirate wrote:Thanks Andy - I couldn't find his name in the 'user names' in PM. Other wise I would have done that. It is a system gened name with the 'usa_xxx' prefix.
Copy and paste it from WME into the "to" box on the create PM page, then click add - if it says can not find user, then we are kinda SOL on contacting them direcetly - there are other things we can do though. Send me the info above & I'll have it taken care of.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
USA Country Manager

Post by AndyPoms
This issue is being handled by PM. Topic closed.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
USA Country Manager

Post by Daknife
usa_bcavlq6p wrote:Think I might be the guy you are looking for but can't figure what the problems could be. As a CAD guys that often does survey work I pride myself in getting things done accurately and correctly. I have sent numerous emails asking why I have been blocked and what I did wrong. I really like this project and resent being labeled a rouge editor. I have read and followed all the rules that I can find. I have asked for extra guidance. I get no reply... Thus here we are on a public forum, on trial for an unknown crime. All I ask is that you folks grant me the courtesy of letting me know what I did wrong and let me make it right with you.
Well not having seen specific examples of supposed errors, the first thing we ask is have you read the wiki, particularly the editing guide? Common errors that aggravate experience editors are red roads, if you edit in roads but don't name them or connect them to anything they will remain bright red in the editor, instant sign of a rogue (or in this case rouge) :P editor. Other issues is paving small parking lots or attempting to pave every lane of larger lots. Or splitting roads to match google. And finally what really makes it maddening is to then not get any response when we try to send tactful (or sometimes not so) suggestions on how to fix the problems in PM's. This is actually by far the biggest offense because we've ALL been new and made newbie mistakes in editing. But an editor who does not respond (or even read) to attempts to correct their errors is the biggest problem of all. That you have found the forums is a big step and a good sign that you do not intend to be or remain rogue.

Welcome, Hayden's a great source as is the Northwest Regional Coordinator AndyPoms, and feel free to ask me questions as well. I'm still the only CM actually in the Mountain West between the coast states and Denver. Though a couple AM's are getting close to getting their level 5's. I live in Utah but have traveled a bit through Idaho and did most the base editing of main routes in the state making them workable from the base import. But they are just that, base edits, and most likely need lots of tweaking by locals such as your self.
Daknife
Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by jasonh300
RapidPirate wrote:Howdy - how is the best way to report rogue map editors? Have one editing the Star area in Idaho.

Don't want to cause him problems, just want to get him on board with the standards.
Contact your regional coordinator (Andypoms) and give him the name of the rogue editor, and an example of the bad work and he'll contact the user.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by PowIdaho
Thanks Andy - I couldn't find his name in the 'user names' in PM. Other wise I would have done that. It is a system gened name with the 'usa_xxx' prefix.
PowIdaho
Send a message

Post by PowIdaho
Thanks Andy - just sent you a PM. Think it went. Let me know if you don't get it :-)

Thanks everyone!
Gary
PowIdaho
Send a message

Post by PowIdaho
Yeah - I've been off the grid lately. But we have been in touch.
PowIdaho
Send a message

Post by usa_bcavlq6p
Think I might be the guy you are looking for but can't figure what the problems could be. As a CAD guys that often does survey work I pride myself in getting things done accurately and correctly. I have sent numerous emails asking why I have been blocked and what I did wrong. I really like this project and resent being labeled a rouge editor. I have read and followed all the rules that I can find. I have asked for extra guidance. I get no reply... Thus here we are on a public forum, on trial for an unknown crime. All I ask is that you folks grant me the courtesy of letting me know what I did wrong and let me make it right with you.
usa_bcavlq6p
Send a message
Always a way to get it done...